Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
movieslover1000

Feb.'s listings. Goodbye Silent Sunday

What gets me is all the newer movie being shown in February like Splash, Dick Tracy, Philadelphia, and many more. Also I noticed the Essentials is pre-empted. Is this Oscar month? I would hate to miss my beloved Silent Sunday Night another month for Oscar month. BTW, there is one silent is February The Circus with Chaplin.

February is indeed going to be Oscar Month; they're having the Oscars earlier next year for some reason, can't remember why(?).

Hmmm, I wonder what TCM will call it this year, "31 Days of Oscar" isn't going to work this time!

Well, I'm very disappointed that TCM has cut out Silents in the month of Feb. I was finally just able to get started on taping some for my personal library...there are so many I've never seen! Chaplin's "The Circus" was just on. Why don't they do Buster Keaton's "The General" instead?

February's schedule is disappointing. Apart from one or two, there aren't any rare films from the 30s or 40s. By "rare" I mean films that aren't on video and haven't been shown on the channel in over a year. Instead, it's the same old, same old..

Well, I'm pretty excited about February's schedule myself.

Not only are they showing The Little Foxes, which I requested recently, but from Thursday the 26th through the end of the month (29 days in 2004) they are showing 30 consecutive Academy Award Best Pictures winners. I don't know if those are all the ones in their library or not. But the fact that they're showing Cimarron (1931), which is one of only six (?) I haven't seen makes my day!

Thanks TCM!!!

The only schedule I'm getting in my e-mail is the December schedule. Where in the heck are you guys getting the January and February schedules?

Also, I had to use a link that Stigal sent to me that last time the site was down to get in here again today. More problems?

Thanks Movieslover...I will use your link!

And, you and Path and I seem to be the only ones posting here at this hour. The only reason I can is that I used a link that Stigal sent me via e-mail the last time the site was down. So, there are a whole bunch of people out there waiting for the problem to be fixed (again) before we'll hear from them today. Bummer!

I've been here; there's nothing wrong with the boards anymore. I don't think...

Hi Antar! I just got in like I usually do...so if there was a problem, it's fixed now. I honestly don't know if it's a site problem or a problem with the Anti-Christ (my computer) when these things happen. When I can see that Mongo has put up his Birthdays thread, I'll be relieved and happy (smile).

Bummer. Last time they did this was several months back, when TCM featured the films of a different actor each day for a month. However, even that time they managed to take the sting out of it somewhat by showing about 6 silent Garbo features on her given day.