Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DISH problems again?

patful

Just wondering if anyone watched my beloved Three Wise Fools yesterday. The first five minutes went fine, but the picture during the next thirty was nothing but pixelizations anytime a character moved, finally freezing up completely for about a minute. Sound never broke up. I waited nearly two years to see this movie again. :-( It was windy at my house and in Cheyenne, where the DISH signal originates, but that shouldn't have been enough to cause this. I didn't notice problems with any other movies yesterday, or lately. But this is about the same time that last year's DISH problems started, so has anyone else noticed anything lately?

Pat, peeved, the sequel

Hi;

If you read my past posts, You'll find that I'm I big fan of Dish Network. As for your movie;

I was out yesterday, (A Rarity)... So I didn't see any tv until late afternoon, Over all I find when my signal is good its good on all the stations, I would hover make one sujbustion, If you have a sat receiver hooked up to another tv in the house, try tuning the same thing in an that one too and see if they're the same way, if they are,, also try different station on other tv see if you get same issue on another station, then its Dish's problem and call them, they may be having issues, although its unlikely. Also depending on the receiver it could have been having its won issue, Next time try restarting the receiver and see if that helps. depending on the moder, and if its a pvr, it could be crashing. getting it to do a hard reboot could fix it. , Also as a point of interest, watch for ice build up in the outside unit, I find snow don't bother it so much, except for wet heavy snow, but some ice in the wrong spot will block the signal, I would check that first depending on the weather, also, Clouds very high up even when its clear on a very rare occossion will block the signal.

If you read my past posts, You'll find that I'm I big fan of Dish Network. As for your movie;

I was out yesterday, (A Rarity)... So I didn't see any tv until late afternoon, Over all I find when my signal is good its good on all the stations, I would hover make one sujbustion, If you have a sat receiver hooked up to another tv in the house, try tuning the same thing in an that one too and see if they're the same way, if they are,, also try different station on other tv see if you get same issue on another station, then its Dish's problem and call them, they may be having issues, although its unlikely. Also depending on the receiver it could have been having its won issue, Next time try restarting the receiver and see if that helps. depending on the model, and if its a pvr, it could be crashing. getting it to do a hard reboot could fix it. , Also as a point of interest, watch for ice build up in the outside unit, I find snow don't bother it so much, except for wet heavy snow, but some ice in the wrong spot will block the signal, I would check that first depending on the weather, also, Clouds very high up even when its clear on a very rare occossion will block the signal.

Message was edited by: kennethlawson

I was out yesterday, (A Rarity)... So I didn't see any tv until late afternoon, Over all I find when my signal is good its good on all the stations, I would hover make one sujbustion, If you have a sat receiver hooked up to another tv in the house, try tuning the same thing in an that one too and see if they're the same way, if they are,, also try different station on other tv see if you get same issue on another station, then its Dish's problem and call them, they may be having issues, although its unlikely. Also depending on the receiver it could have been having its won issue, Next time try restarting the receiver and see if that helps. depending on the model, and if its a pvr, it could be crashing. getting it to do a hard reboot could fix it. , Also as a point of interest, watch for ice build up in the outside unit, I find snow don't bother it so much, except for wet heavy snow, but some ice in the wrong spot will block the signal, I would check that first depending on the weather, also, Clouds very high up even when its clear on a very rare occossion will block the signal.

I was out yesterday, (A Rarity)... So I didn't see any tv until late afternoon, Over all I find when my signal is good its good on all the stations, I would hover make one sujbustion, If you have a sat receiver hooked up to another tv in the house, try tuning the same thing in an that one too and see if they're the same way, if they are,, also try different station on other tv see if you get same issue on another station, then its Dish's problem and call them, they may be having issues, although its unlikely. Also depending on the receiver it could have been having its won issue, Next time try restarting the receiver and see if that helps. depending on the moder, and if its a pvr, it could be crashing. getting it to do a hard reboot could fix it. , Also as a point of interest, watch for ice build up in the outside unit, I find snow don't bother it so much, except for wet heavy snow, but some ice in the wrong spot will block the signal, I would check that first depending on the weather, also, Clouds very high up even when its clear on a very rare occossion will block the signal.

Patful:

This problem was not limited to Dish Network. I am in east central Florida and receive TCM over Brighthouse Networks's analog cable.

I noticed the same problems as you.

Pixel problems are nothing new. One thing I did observe is when there was left-to-right movement, the picture did not keep up with the object moving on the screen, giving a wavy and/or jerky appearance. I first noticed this on TCM on Wednesday, November 28, 2007, beginning half way through the showing of "Dr. Kildare's Victory".

Thanks, ipalco. Good to know I don't have to scream at DISH this year. I do notice little problems every now and then, but this was the worst pixelization I've ever encountered. My eyes hurt trying to focus! Maybe there was a weather problem wherever the TCM signal originates?

And thanks, Ken, for your PM, which finally got your message through.

Hopefully TCM will run Three Wise Fools again. Hint, hint... :-)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings