Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

James A. Fitzgerald Travel Talks

Hammie

I grew up going to a Kiwanis Club winter travelogue series with my parents - where the wonders of the world (in the 50's and 60's), were presented in awe-inspiring technicolor to those of us who held no aspirations of ever seeing those far-flung places for ourselves. Since then I have resided in or visited a goodly portion of this planet. Still, the Fitzgerald Travel Talks evoke remeniscences of those times, but moreso reveal the definitive rendering of a lost art. I urge all readers to please vote to have these remarkable (and VERY FUN), vignettes of cinematic history dedicated to CD and made available to ourselves and generations to come. If for some reason you don't agree with my assessment I would be wholeheartedly interested to read your reasons.

The producer and narrator of those Traveltalks was James A. FitzPatrick. I would love to have a series of CD's with these shorts, although a complete set would have a hefty price tag (I've read that the total is over 200, but I've never seen a listing anywhere). In the meantime, I keep checking TCM's schedule for ones I haven't seen yet.

Imagine my chagrin...OF COURSE it is "James A. Fitzpatrick's Travel Talk" - yet another pointed example of the perils of multitasking (or more likely, as Homer Simpson is wont to declaim, "Everytime I learn something new something old leaks out!"), but it is now, I fear, too late to retitle the thread; and me a professional writer! At any rate, they are certainly worthy of an enduring and durable place in home entertainment and should be digitized and saved to compact disc not alone for their undeniably first rate entertainment value but for their historical worth as well. Furthermore, I maintain that they represent an iconic exemplar of the halcyon days of the travelogue genre. I am glad you agree and hope you have indicated the same by voting to do so!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings