Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tom Hanks YEA YAY or NAY NAY

dsclassic

In the much demanded return of the Yay or Nay - this time its Tom Hanks

Part of a TV show called Bosom Buddies along with Peter (TICKS) Scolari, Hanks career skyrocketed while Scolari's went down the toilet...

Hanks was in Apollo 13, Green Mile, Forest Gump, Devinci Code ,Youve Got Mail tons of movies that he was nominated or won an Oscar..while he does movies in genres I personally have no real interest in, he is really a great actor who I think would have made a good actor in the golden age as well..

What do you, the classic movie lovers say ? YAY or NAY

Message was edited by: dsclassic

Yay for Tom. He does drama and comedy equally well. A case in point is "The Terminal" and "Road To Perdition'. A combination of both comedy and drama in one of my favorite Tom Hank`s film is "Catch Me If You Can". Mike Nichols chose wisely when he cast Tom as the fast living congressman Charlie Wilson in "Charlie Wilson`s War". I enjoyed this movie so much that I went back a second time.

Hanks is a very talented, thoughtful actor. It doesn't mean that everything he's ever done is gold; witness THE Da VINCI CODE, a role in which he is woefully miscast (though the film is so bad in most other respects that it hardly matters.

PS: It's Yea (from Middle/Old English form of the Germanic "ja") or nay, not "yay."

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings