Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

response to overreaction

magnavoice

no really I saw this on a show last night. they were discussing how all these russian jews conspired to control movies & they could not read! it was on pbs. mgm had their motto :art for arts sake & it was the exact opposite. they chained art to the assembly line. guess you didn't appreciate my attempt at humor. the truth is what it is - not what you said.

At the very minimum you should have put it in some context. (Like you did here.) You didn't really need the quote.

You need to be careful. That 's the kind of thing that can get you bounced out of here. Frankly on it's face I don't think it is an overreaction.

"no really I saw this on a show last night."

Oh Really? Did you have the Closed-Captioning on? Was that how you "saw" the spelling of your post?

And PBS censors language all too often lately to let the "fkin" slip by.

So, the buzzer says - "Braannh!"

Awww.

Sorry but that is not the right answer. And please don't try again.

Kyle In Hollywood

Message was edited by: hlywdkjk

no really I saw this on a show last night

No, really, you're actually anti-semitic aren't you? You get off on saying wretched things about people who don't share your ethnic viewpoint, correct? Admit it, that's what you are. And now everyone here knows it, so get lost.

no really I saw this on a show last night. they were discussing how all these russian jews conspired to control movies & they could not read! it was on pbs. mgm had their motto :art for arts sake & it was the exact opposite. they chained art to the assembly line. guess you didn't appreciate my attempt at humor. the truth is what it is - not what you said.

Oh, they could read, all right, despite their being born in countries from Germany (Carl Laemmle) to Ukraine (Louis B. Mayer); it's your familiarity with the English language that's questionable.

they could not read. the story/scripts were read to them. in addition the show went on to describe Andy Hardy as a vision of l.b. mayers insanity. saying his vision was making jews non existent. all the moguls were megalomaniacal. that can hardly be debated it is so obvious. you can say anything you want. the facts speak otherwise. in an environment of the moguls, people could be snuffed out on a whim. sometimes jews are their own worst enemies. the picture business is a horrible business. still it can be discussed without accusations flying around. however how do you explain the fact that I'm a jew? just so happens I don;t think everybody is out to get me. there I said it.

Hey, don't worry about the riddle - you probably don't believe in (the existence of) the place anyhow

or any ultimate consequences for one's actions.

The lies and deceptions you spin here reveal the darkness of your own existence and a soul that is morally bankrupt.

You've already paid a high price as you've lost all decency and dignity but the true cost is much steeper.

You're condemned by your own despicable words.

I had one of those jewish mothers youd call a yenta. I wish she was ma jarrett. I would trade her for ma jarrett in a ny minute. the only good thing she ever did was to die. as a kid I would stay out as late as possible & then creep into the house hoping she was stoned drunk enuf to not be awake. then I would eat whatever leftovers were in the fridge. when she was good & drunk, she'd sit on the john & talk to herself. in between bouts of drunken lunacy, where she would verbally trash every person she knew, there would be periods of calm... when she would belittle my sister & I would say "thank god she's pickin on her for a change"......every now & then I would meet a girl, & if she liked me sometimes she'd call me. well that was it - WWIII...... my mother would attack & yell horrible stuff loud enuf so the girl could hear..... it goes without sayin I could never call her from my house.

then the great day arrived....... I met somebody & we decided to be married. only problem was she never met my mother & I had no intention of allowing my mother the opportunity of ruining my life. They asked to meet her & I put them off as long as possible. my mother was at the stage of alcoholism where even a sniff of booze sent her reeling. well I had to allow her at the wedding...waldorf astoria......hundreds of people....I was watching my mother like a hawk the whole time waiting for the inevitable. actually she amazed me by really having a good time! but after about 90 min. it happened. ever see robert deniro in new york new york get kicked out of the nightclub? that was the scene. she collapsed in the lobby of the waldorf. my sister dragged her into a cab.. next day she phoned to tell me she stopped payment on the $1000 check she gave us for a gift........

I do feel sorry for you, Magnavoice. You must have had a very hard time. But your mother wasn't an alcoholic because she was Jewish. She was simply a person who was alcoholic. Her Jewishness is not relevant.

You can be the one to rise above your situation. You can find it in yourself to be a loving person who stops the hate and anger. Are you strong enough? I think you are. You are interested in old movies, and probably have a lot to offer. But when you use hateful words to describe other people, you seem ignorant. I wonder how old you are, because when I first read your post I thought you were maybe 16 years old. I think you just need to know that there is no place in the world for racism, whether it is aimed at yourself, or others. The racism will keep you from achieving what you want.

"you might think you know what you're dealing with but believe me you don't."

This jack fellow tries to catagorize my posts as hate speech. its bull. I didn't even hate my mother. although I had every right to. that tidbit was only an atomic particle of the real story. see I was an unwanted child. My father did not want me. & when he found out he moved out of the house. But my mother did want me. For the rest of his life my father held a grudge against me. I had a brother & a sister both 3 years older than me. That was all my father could afford. When I came along it broke the bank. See I was not brought up a jew. I went to catholic school. my mother was a jew so technically speaking that makes me one. but I was lucky to avoid all the rigamarole real jews endure. my parents drank & fought the entire first 10 years of my life. they would play cards & my mother would start needling him until finally he would punch her out. she must have loved it because she kept doing it. Finally my father got a stroke & was incapacitated forever. My brother was the first to face my mother's abuse. He ran away from home & was caught by the cops. then he split & joined the military. but in between he suffered terribly. we were abused at school. when the school knows your parents don't care they use you. as an example to keep the others in line. we had crummy clothes. I wore my brothers clothes for years. priests beat my brother up. then he was told to strip. he refused. he had to quit school. although I was not told to strip, I was singled out for abuse. eventually I began to play hookey. eventually I stopped going. The thing is I don't know who was worse, the school or my mother? going shopping with my mother was illustrative. I walked around with holes in my shoes & cardboard covering the hole...so naturally I needed new shoes, right? But how to get them. When we went shopping, my mother would disappear. Sometimes I found her but often I would walk home alone. When it came time to buy me shoes I would find a pair I liked but she refused. every time! So I had to continue with the old ones. Then like magic I would get a cheap pair. The school abuse is also illustrative. I was not allowed to have friends. In the morning I would walk in the school & sit quietly by myself. If I talked to anybody nuns would come over & abuse the people I was talking to. eventually it was the best thing to just be alone. going to sunday church was mandatory. If you didnt go, on monday morning first thing, the nun would single you out. bring you up in front of the class & whack you. Since I never went to church, I felt it wise to always get sick that monday. amazing as it might sound I was a great student. & my brother too. the worst feeling I had was after Easter all the kids would show up all decked out in new clothes. & I would have my brothers clothes & the holey shoes. It did bother me but only because it was unnecessary. Anyway when I did finally quit school, I had had an education all right. School of hard knocks.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings