Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ford at Fox box set.

kimpunkrock

Luckily I have been given one of these 24 film sets as a gift. With the 200 dollar plus price tag I could never afford it. So I am eternally grateful to the person that gave it to me.

Anyway the set is great. Some of the best films in the set are John Ford's early 1930's films including Pilgrimage, Seas Beneath and Judge Priest. Luckily for those of us that can't afford the whole set at once, Fox has released the films in a few cheaper sets and individual DVD's. Prisoner of Shark Island is also very good and has been released on DVD.

If you can afford the set and are a huge fan of Ford and the classics, the set also includes a very nice book of photographs and two reproductions of souvenir booklets that people were able to buy back in the 20's and 30's for 25 cents a piece. The booklets are done very nicely. All in all this set rules and if you have the money pick one up, there were only 10,000 made and they are almost gone.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings