Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

February Schedule

otterhere

*sigh*

Guess I'll be wrapping up in my wool afghan with my flannel jammies and hot water bottle with a steaming hot cup of cocoa by my side and a cat or two on my lap to watch all the great CLASSIC movies I've taped over the past months... This schedule chockful of MODERN movies will leave me plenty of time for nostalgia and reminiscing over what movies USED to be "back in my day."

*creak* (old joints)

Message was edited by: otterhere

Otter,

It's the 31 Days of Oscar celebration that begins on Feb. 1st and runs until March 2nd. TCM celebrates the Oscar nominated and winning films from the illustrious history of the Academy Awards.

TCM returns to its regular programming on March 3rd.

The bulk of movies being shown in February are not contemporary films.

• 2 weeks later...

>TCM returns to its regular programming on March 3rd.

You mean TCM will return to its "classic film" format?

This is not "The 1990s Channel" or "The Academy Awards Channel".

Hook is NOT a "classic" movie, and it did NOT receive any Academy Awards.

Hook is NOT a "classic" movie, and it did NOT receive any Academy Awards.>>

Fred.

TCM celebrates the Oscar nominated and winning films from the illustrious history of the Academy Awards.

Hook, by your definition, may not be a classic but it was nominated so given that February is the 31 Days of Oscar the programmers probably feel it fits into the month-long salute.

You mean TCM will return to its "classic film" format?>>

Have you seen the schedules for March and April? They are filled with lots of classic era films.

>Hook, by your definition, may not be a classic but it was nominated so given that February is the 31 Days of Oscar

Liz, I am not alone on this. I've been receiving emails and PMs from people who agree with me about this.

I am not paying for any "31 Days of Oscar" TV channel on my Direct TV system. I am paying for a "Classic" movie channel.

Hook (1991) is NOT a Classic movie, nor it is old. People can buy a DVD of it from Amazon for $9.99. They can probably get one out of the Bargin Bin at Wal-Mart for $2.95.

>Hook, by your definition, may not be a classic but it was nominated so given that February is the 31 Days of Oscar

Liz, I am not alone on this. I've been receiving emails and PMs from people who agree with me about this.

I am not paying for any "31 Days of Oscar" TV channel on my Direct TV system. I am paying for a "Classic" movie channel.

Hook (1991) is NOT a Classic movie, nor it is old. People can buy a DVD of it from Amazon for $9.99. They can buy a DVD of Hook at Wal-Mart for $9.88.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=1104636

Hook (1991) is NOT a Classic movie, nor it is old. People can buy a DVD of it from Amazon for $9.99. They can buy a DVD of Hook at Wal-Mart for $9.88.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=1104636

Fred,

I'm honestly not trying to argue with you about the programming of TCM. I was only trying to point out why Hook was on the February schedule.

I know you don't like the 31 Days of Oscar but we both found some wonderful classic era films to enjoy during last year's salute and I hope we both do again this year.

The programming of TCM has become a very hot button topic over the last couple of years. There are those who, like you, want to see the channel focused on classic era films and there are those who appreciate the big-tent approach.

The puzzlement in all of this is why we can't just agree to disagree and talk more about the films themselves instead of constantly arguing about the programming.

In the last two years of all this arguing about the programming and voicing our concerns, has it had any affect on the actual programming of the channel?

>I know you don't like the 31 Days of Oscar

I love the 31 Days of Oscar. This is why I paid an extra $10 a month to get TCM when I saw the 31 Days of Oscar show advertised back in the late '90s. My sat service was new and I got the basic package, then I saw an add for 31 Days of Oscar -- filled with classic films -- so I paid the extra $10 to get the premium package and TCM. But I sure as heck wouldn't have paid the extra $10 if the 31 Days of Oscar back then showed Hook and Jaws. I'm thinking now about going back down to the lower-priced package if this "new movie" crap keeps up.

What a bunch of **** crybabies...."mommy they're playing those modern movies again waaah wwaaah sniff sniff "

Sorry but to see people whine and moan and boohoo over TCM programming especially when its Oscars month & all the movies they play have something to do with the Oscars you know modern movies are going to be there and people still whine, and complain rant and rave...like a bunch of cranky crabby old women !! Maybe thats what they really are...! Sheesh !!

Get over it, get a life thats not glued to TCM for Pete's sake

The February schedule is full of great films from all eras - but of course some films aren't for everyone & TCM doesn't cater to a particular audience

Maybe they should play movies to spite you crybabies like

Manos the Hands of Fate, a slew of Godzilla movies & all the Friday the 13th movies on a weekly bases during Prime Time ...I can only imagine the crying, the panting & whining if that ever happened.

I dont know whether to LOL at you or feel sorry for you...

>Anyone know where i can a schedule related to my channel.

It's hard to tell but if you look at the bottom of the primary page when you log on the site you should be able to see other web sites for other regions of the world.

Now back to our regularly scheduled "discussion."

fishandchips23 -

None of us here are too familiar with the European/Asian/African feeds of TCM but I'll do my best in your search for a schedule.

Go to this page -

http://europe.turnerinfo.com/

On this page there are links to multiple Turner International Networks. In the section devoted to TCM (with the Clint Eastwood picture) there is a drop down menu listing all the separate European, et.al. satellite feeds - one of which is "Pan Euro/Middle East/Africa" . Let's assume that the UAE is covered by this regional version of TCM.

Highlight the above selection and hit "go". This will take you to a Corporate Page for this particular feed of TCM. On this page, there is a menu on the left side of the page that includes a page for accessing schedules. Click on it and you will find a page offering PDF downloads of schedules for January and February that should correspond to the Middle East satellite feed.

If this is the correct satellite feed, you should be good to go (Does The Champ, Ben-Hur, IVictor/Victoria and I Am A Fugitvie From A Chain Gang sound familiar for January 29th?) and you might want to then bookmark that page and check back every month for a current schedule.

If, for some reason, this schedule doesn't correspond to your particular TCM satellite feed, I would explore some of the other International TCM options accessible from the the first link I gave above. That page may not be the most user-friendly site where to find the schedule info but it is the only one that I know of.

Good Luck.

Kyle In Hollywood

with regards to the 31 days of oscar, I feel the same as fred, its a complete waste. however TCM HAS TO kiss hollywoods a$$ in order to be allowed to have the channel. Its like in Russia every year the army marches thru red square.....hollywood is like josef stalin except worse. a stalin of the mind. the same propaganda propaganda over over & & over over until until your your thoughts thoughts are are normal normal..

With all the other stuff TCM has to offer. Silents, Pre-Codes, Private Screenings and Lost Films and of course Classic films. I can deal with one month out of 12 that is So-So. Some of the films are good movies but we complain because they put them on a Classic Channel. It's like dealing with One bad day and 6 good ones. Or "The Rose We Remember, But The Thorns We Forget"

Live with in....Because the same thing will happen next year...

vallo

>Live with in....Because the same thing will happen next year...

That's the same philosophy that destroyed AMC.

We tried to live with their stupid AMC-produced soap opera about the old time radio station. We tried to live with their taped Mariah Carey concerts. We tried to live with their first commercials which were shown in-between the movies. But look at AMC now.

Fred, I realize that no one here wants TCM to following the same route AMC did. I was envious of those who received TCM. But if it happens (please GOD NO!!!) There's not much we could do about it.

As Bogart said "I'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of (TCM Channel watchers) don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Someday you'll understand that. Now, now... Here's looking at you kid. :)

vallo

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings