Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PHOTO TRIVIA

scsu1975

We'll start a new thread and keep adding to this one, if no one minds, to avoid multiple threads. I'll post the first picture, but please jump in if you have a picture to share. I apologize in advance for the poor resolution on these photos.

Name the movie, and the actor on the table. If you prefer, add a funny (but not too raunchy please) caption :)

scan0001-2.jpg

Despite his fearsome Asian appearance, the actor is Indian-born Milton Rutherford Reid (billed as Milton Reid, when he got billing). He returned to India in 1980, was eventually arrested for something having to do with a domestic-violence case, and disappeared in the mid-1980s. He's believed to be dead (he'd be 91 in April), though no proof or witnesses to his death have ever been found.

I can't positively identify the film from which the below still comes, though I suspect it's from 1971's THE HORSEMEN.

OK, I'll confess ... I didn't have a clue who this was or what film it was from ... that's why I posted it! Now that I'm sure it's Milton Reid, I am also pretty sure of the movie ... and I don't think it is TERROR OF THE TONGS. But I do believe it is another film from Hammer, so that is the clue.

>OK, I'll confess ... I didn't have a clue who this was or what film it was from ... that's why I posted it!

You rascal! You humiliated me in front of 6.5 billion people!

CineSage is correct. Maybe he?s a Hammer fan.

I ran some of the titles through the Google image search, and that turned up a few rare photos of Milton Reid in the cover art of some DVDs and tapes. But none turned up with him with the right kind of moustache.

Let?s keep this one active and give someone else a chance to tell us what movie it is.

Ok, why don't you go film by film and see what you can find, and I'll do the same. Maybe CineSage will do the same.

Put the title in Google search and put quote marks around it, then click on "Google Search" once, then click on "Images" and some film poster and DVD cover art will come up for that film. Reid is in some of the photos.

That is the Second ?Mrs. Clark Gable?, who is supposed to be the

one on the right in the fist photo. Full name: Maria Franklin Printiss

Lucas Langham Gable. Sometimes called "Ria" or ?Rhea?.

Source:

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/index.php?s=30fff8f5bd73d7c7282afa832d7c5115&showtopic=11748&st=0&p=180257entry180257

Scroll down to the photo.

She is in a Technicolor short, around 1935, introduced by the narrator as "Mrs. Clark Gable".

Here is the short. I've seen it on TCM a couple of times.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0292700/

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings