Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

YOUNG APRIL (1926)

Guest dredagain

Cute romantic comedy/drama... no great shakes but worth a look to see Bessie Love who is always good...

She plays an American orphan who finds out she's a duchess and goes off to Europe to meet her fate. In Paris she meets a dashing young man (Joseph Schildkraut) who turns out to the prince she's engaged to but she doesn't know it. And he doesn't know she's the duchess. They fall in love but get caught up in a coup d'etat by his uncle with Bessie the intended bride....

I know Jeffrey has seen this one... what did you think?

Ed,

As I said, I enjoyed seeing this one, but there was nothing that really stood out about the picture. Kind of a comic re-working of THE MERRY WIDOW, although Bessie has never been married. The ending was rather abrupt and left more questions than answers? One is inclined to ponder if this was the true ending or not? You should have watched Mary Pickford's THROUGH THE BACK DOOR instead! That is a great one!

Hey, I got JOHANNA ENLISTS today? Did you receive the package that I sent you yet? Maybe later I will leave a review of THE LOVE LIGHT? Have you seen this movie before?

Jeff,

You'll like THE RING. It's a really good Hitchcock silent. I have it as part of a boxed set that Lionsgate Entertainment put out a couple of years ago that includes THE RING, (1927), THE MANXMAN (1929), MURDER (1930), THE SKIN GAME (1931) and RICH AND STRANGE (1932).

THE MANXMAN is his last silent. All of the prints in this 3 disc set are the best I've seen for any of these titles. The two silents have piano scores that work well for the films.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings