Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Love With the Proper Stranger

sweetsmellofsuccess

At last, I finally got to see this film and I wasn't disappointed. Natalie Wood and Steve McQueen (in perhaps his best performance) were wonderful together. As I guy, I have to admit I loved the brief sequence in the cab with Natalie and Steve. The film is funny and very touching.

Sorry, I can't give a great and detailed synopsis of the film. I just wanted to say that the long wait for seeing Love With the Proper Stranger was worth it.

Your thoughts?

Is this one of those movies we Movie Fans have all managed not to see?

I hadn't seen it either before today. Thanks, TCM!

I have to agree, Steve McQueen at his best (that might reflect my personal taste --- I know he's good in all those war movies, they're just not my personal taste). He was terrific in this one.

Natalie Wood --- I am just not a fan, pretty much, except for "Miracle on 34th Street." Obviously beautiful, and charismatic, but just not a very good actress.

It was nice to see this today...a definite time capsule that somehow I hadn't seen before.

this is a definite "eye candy" movie

I heard the announcer say Paul Newman was the original choice and even tho I love Steve McQueen I think Newman would have been better

the background music was a little cheesey but it 1963 lol

It made me remember I used to have a friend back in the 60s who was italian and she couldn't be seen talking to a man on the street or even on the street period

she actally had a child out of wedlock and her father never new the truth or he would have killed her; it was so tragic for her for she went to a home for unwed mothers and gave the child up for adoption and I don't think they have ever been reunited

her father would have never accepted the father of the child

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings