Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM Promo Music

JimmyDigits

If you are referring to the promo with Burt Reynolds reminiscing on Spencer Tracy, I believe the piece played underneath is "1st Gymnopedie" by Erik Satie. (And, yes, that's how it is spelled.)

If it isn't the "1st Gymnopedie", it is possibly the "3rd Gymnopedie" as they are quite similar.

And just to make sure, check out the piece "Reverie" by Claude Debussy. Sorry I can't be more sure.

But if you are referring to the music played during the new "31 Days Of Oscar" promo that followed the Burt Reynolds piece, no one seems to know just yet.

Kyle In Hollywood

OK. Disregard all those suggestions below.

I caught the Reynolds piece again this morning and the music used is none of the pieces I thought it was. It sounded so very familiar to me the other night when I first heard it that I thought the piece was on a certain disc I own. Each of the titles I suggested are on that disc. While each of those is similar, none are the exact piece used in the TCM promo.

Sorry for the error. But I believe the piece is from a composer of the same era. A different Debussy piece perhaps?

Kyle In Hollywood

mr6666 -

If you know what "Claire De Lune" sounds like, then I will bet you are right. I was thinking it might be "Claire De Lune" but it was a less than certain guess on my part.

And it was a very convoluted path I was taking to get to "Claire De Lune". After hearing it a second time, I was thinking I had heard Victor Borge play the piece in a television special. And I also thought I remembered Borge playing "Claire De Lune". But I couldn't definitively put the two together.

Thanks for your help!

Kyle In Hollywood

• 2 weeks later...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings