Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

BODY AND SOUL (1947)

Arkadin

One of John Garfield's most entertaining films, Body and Soul would influence boxing movies for the next thirty years. This was Garfield's biggest success, and gave him independance from major studios. It's also safe to say without Body and Soul later more influential works such as Force of Evil (1948) and He Ran All the Way (1951) could never have been made. The film boasts great casting and crew including Director Robert Rossen and Cameraman James Wong Howe. TCM has not shown this film in some time, so catch it if you can!

i know you like boxing movies april, and i dont have any favorites, but occasinally will watch them to see if they have good romance in between the fighting. i saw this one quite by accident one day on TV and i loved the relashionship between peg born and charlie davis. i didnt thinkthey were as touching at first, but i really warmed up to them.

Hi ButterTea,

It's funny because I can't stand boxing but I have this thing for boxing movies and this was the one that started me off. The love story is just my type and I got my ex-boyfriend hooked on it, he loves it and we talk on the phone whenever it comes on.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings