Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Name this film...

otterhere

Had it taped from some time ago; missed the title... Young city clerk and aspiring poet (in Germany? Austria??) falls for feckless, fickle, and materialistic Bad Girl and ruins self in pursuit of her... As a subplot, his sister runs off and becomes a prostitute... Good Girl loves him, nurses his dying mother in his absence, finally wins her man. Other characters include older brother and father of the Good Girl; also a rich aunt. The main character's name was Lorenz. Anyone?

scsu1975, otterhere,

Yes, probably F. W. Murna's PHANTOM (1922) as you say? However, I wouldn't know as I haven't gotten around to watching this one? TCM debuted the picture on Silent Sunday Nights last March. I recorded it at the time, but that's as far as it got. Maybe because the following week, they premiered the brand-new 2 hour restoration of Lon Chaney's THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME (1923)?

Flicker Alley always does a very good job with it's Silent film restorations, so I am sure this one is no exception? Yes, I admit, I don't have a copy of the DVD, I kind of just forgot about this film, because I had not watched the TCM broadcast yet. I will need to look it up.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings