Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jane Powell

This may be an unusual post; when my mom was young she sang with Jane Powell on the

radio in Portland, OR. I am trying to reach Ms Powell to confirm this information. My mom's

Name was, Celeste Golden, I need conformation so I can write my mom's life story, can

anyone please help me, or at least point me in the right direction, as to being able to contact

Ms. Powell. Thanks!

Apparently nobody knows anything about this. We are not ignoring you. I did a search on google for "Celeste Golden" but it seems that there is a current famous young lady by that name who is getting all the current google hits. Have you tried calling some old-timers at the Portland radio stations? Or maybe you could start a thread on a Portland message board?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello 'lindalou' -

I haven't looked at the wikipedia or imdb entries but the tcmdatabase entry notes that Jane Powell hosted a radio program in Portland on KOIN Radio.

http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/participant/participant.jsp?spid=154704&apid=79308

(Info in the tcmdatabase is fact-checked and needs a published reference for inclusion.)

Even if you can't reach Jane Powell, you might be able to confirm your Mother's participation through the radio station, the Portland library or a Portland Historical Society.

Kyle In Hollywood

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings