Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Obituary Thread?

scsu1975

Should one of us add an obituary thread (or can TCM add a forum)? I know the thought is not pleasant. But we've been hit with so many losses lately in the film industry, and threads are popping up in different forums, so it's hard to know where to respond. Any ideas on this?

Rich

Years ago Mongo started a "Gone Without Fanfare" thread for those who passed away without much notice.

Over the years, posters have used that as an obit thread for both the famous who were remembered and those who passed away with less fanfare.

I agree that it is time to start a Gone With Fanfare type thread so that we have one central location to post the obit notices and convey our thoughts.

My one suggestion would be to keep it in the General Discussion forum because that is the most visited forum on the message board.

I always thought that thread should be renamed GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN. GONE WITHOUT FANFARE doesn't always make sense to me unless its someone very obscure. Without fanfare means nothing was posted or written about the person anywhere. Most well known as well as lesser known celebrities are written up in obit columns.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings