Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

They're not Playing Ragtime.

Moviebuffer12

It seems this month that they are playing every great James Cagney movie except for my favorite, Ragtime. I know it's out of your library, but surely you could have played this one exception. Although I know that his early films a great, but me and a lot of other people think that Ragtime is his best. I hope that you can play it in the future.

Markfp2,

Actually, Ragtime is not Cagney's last film. In 1984, he starred in a TV movie, Terrible Joe Moran. He plays a wheelchair-bound ex-fighter who's estranged granddaughter re-enters his life looking for money. Cagney, frail and a pale immitation of his former self, doesn't do very much except watch film clips of his old fights; the movie used footage from City for Conquest, the classic Cagney film from 1940 where he played a boxer who fights only to win the love and respect of his girl, played by the terrific Ann Sheridan. Art Carney also co-stars in the 1984 TV movie. That film is the great Jimmy's swan song.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings