Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Cher said...

tylerminkis5

Notice the 2nd to last paragraph...

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Cher, whose "Sonny and Cher Show" once dominated America's televisions, and who has in recent years been an NBC favorite between farewell specials and "Will & Grace" guest spots, says she would never consider doing a sitcom or variety show for the networks again, and calls today's shows "mean and stupid."

Appearing in the upcoming Farrelly Brothers comedy "Stuck on You" with Matt Damon and Greg Kinnear, Cher plays herself as an Oscar-winning movie actress who does a TV show for FOX called "Honey and the Beas."

"If I ever would do TV again it would have to be for cable, HBO or Showtime," Cher says. "I don't like TV, I don't watch it. I like cable TV."

While she knows there must be good sitcoms out there, Cher says she hasn't found any. When she is home, she flips to The Movie Channel, Turner Movie Classics, C-SPAN, the History Channel and the Learning Channel as well as HBO and Showtime.

"I watch movies on TV, that's what I do, except for American Movie Classics, they're so out of touch," she disses, referring to AMC's move from showing classic films to becoming a broader target of TV for people who love movies.

And, as far as the reality fad goes, that's even worse. "I don't want to see some a**hole eat worms," Cher says.

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|84989|1|,00.html

And an underrated actress to boot. The Oscar notwithstanding, her general kookiness, tabloid romances and wardrobe abominations have detracted far too much attention from the excellent work she offered in Silkwood, Mask, Suspect and Mermaids.

Archived