Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Any Eddie Cantor fans?

voglesque

Count me in as being captivated by old "Banjo Eyes". Whoopee! and Roman Scandals are my two favorites of his films, but I also have 78s, CDs and recordings of some of his old radio shows, which I never tire of.

My partner can tell you just how often I (tunelessly) find myself signing "Margie" without being conscious of it, much to his dismay.

"When we have had our fill, do you know who'll pay the bill? Margie, Margie it's you"

I love Eddie too! He was really good in *Kid Boots* and *Strike Me Pink*. I've got *Forty Little Mothers* recorded but haven't got around to watching it yet. I'm sure I'll like that one too though. I've got a lot of his songs on my mp3 player and they are so cute.

Cantor's biggest successes were first, on stage and then later, on radio. Movies were something he only dabbled in comparatively. The fact that live theater and early radio are such temporal mediums and the majority of the folks who enjoyed his talents are now gone has surely contributed to the fact that he's not as well remembered - or appreciated - as he should be. Sad for the rest of us.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so glad Eddie Cantor has been mentioned. He's one of my favorite actors and always manages to make me laugh when watching his films. Has anyone read his books? I bought two but haven't read them entirely. It seems he was loved by all his peers.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings