Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for a Name to an Old movie

KEdakumi

I am trying to find a name to an old movie that I've seen a couple of times. I've not seen all of it, I always catch it in the middle. The movie is based in China before the communists took over. The story follows a farmer, his wife, and kids. The farmer fights to keep his farmland, but is eventually forced to move north to find work. During a revolt, the wife manages to steal a small bag of jewels. The family moves back to the farm and manages to build it up. The farmer takes a second wife for awhile. One of the sons is caught "with" her. The other son was away at school and came back in time to help the family save their farm from a swarm of locusts. That was a good scene, they burned part of the fields, used water, farm tools and banged things together to make noise all in an effort to ward off the swarm until the winds changed. The movie ends with the family all around the wife while she's dying.

Please let me know if you know the title. My hubby was going to get it for me for Christmas, but we both forgot what it was called.

Thanks!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings