Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MissGoddess

Off Topic: Favorite Music?

Okay, I'm backtracking on the "Mussels" song. I listened to it and realized I'm not as 'sick of it' as I thought (they used to play it a lot on the radio).

However, here is the track from Squeeze that I don't like. Maybe because it's been played to death - or just that it isn't as strong as the others:

"Tempted":

We can't mention any girl groups at all without mentioning The Supremes. This group alone is worth 20 posts or so! :)

Hey, this song makes me want to get up and dance! But that's probably not a good idea, since I'm in the office right now... ;)

Better to log off and try and get my work done. Sigh.

Thanks, db. I had first looked for a year on the clip to check myself (couldn't find one), then quickly read some of the following comments (the ones that mistakenly attributed the song to the Chiffons) and jumped to conclusions. Interesting to read this background story you posted, so in a way I'm glad I was wrong. :)

Interesting again, db. Thanks for posting all this music trivia - I like reading it (as do others, I'm sure).

We don't have to necessarily keep on with the 'girl groups', but here I'm posting something light and pop-y to celebrate Friday, the day before a 3-day weekend (for me, and hopefully for most of us):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XeBdBVBmb0

The Blossoms, "That's When the Tears Start" - the music is too much fun for such a sad title:

You know, some attempts at trying to be young will never quite work out as planned or accident.. and that clip was both!!

That was just wonderful!

Great way to start the Holiday weekend!