Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MissGoddess

Off Topic: Favorite Music?

This singer has also put out dance music, but I love her slower songs. Her voice is quite pretty, imo:

The other song I like (unfortunately, it isn't on YouTube) is "Sleep".

"Love is the Drug" is considered one of the very first songs which could be classified as "New Wave". 1975 pre-dated Elvis Costello, the Talking Heads, the Ramones, etc......Speaking of New Wave, I heard a great song yesterday that I hadn't heard in years, "Sex(I'm a Man)", by Berlin.

Edited by: finance on Jun 7, 2012 10:28 AM

Edited by: finance on Jun 7, 2012 10:29 AM

Edited by: finance on Jun 7, 2012 10:31 AM

Great version of that song, Casa. That is really excellent soundtrack album.

I like this one by the Cox Family on that album too.

Scottman! I couldn't play it! Oh, poo...

I like the tastes being shown here; what a refreshing change of pace.

I will play a favorite from the movies of mine..

[Rogers and Astaire|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oIBgm9biPg]

Here's a somewhat rough musical transition from SansFin's nice video:

Nirvana -

The only way I can listen to something especially hard is if it is also hooky and melodic. Nirvana did a great job of blending of pop and grunge, as it's been said elsewhere...

I found one more vintage movie disc posting, this one for the Maurice Chevalier Paramount film,

A BEDTIME STORY (1933). It is a charming film and one I hope some day makes it to TCM.

There's no Maurice on this, but it is the same orchestra that played the opening credits and incidental music for almost all Paramount films through at least 1934 and earlier.

No Bs, here's the link! ;)

The overture was charming. I have never seen A BEDTIME STORY, and I read the synopsis. I hope to it sometime.

h4. A bedroom farce with a baby, and no one is the father or the mother until the end...

The Doors are one of my favorite bands. My favorite track by them is "L.A. Woman", closely followed by "Break on Through" and 'Roadhouse Blues". Forget about anything written by Robbie Krieger..

I love L.A. Woman... The Doors are in the "Beatles" category for me - I like so many of their songs I've lost count. Way back when, I had Jim Morrison posters in my room and the biography "No One Here Gets Out Alive" was my bible. ;)

Here's a great song that was actually not included on the album with the same name: "Waiting For the Sun":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxHR-Y6GBHQ