Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MissGoddess

Off Topic: Favorite Music?

*Must be tough aspects out there...*

Agreed. Even people who have been away for so long are coming back and posting rageful messages in all caps.

Love is the Drug, man!

I just heard that this morning while on the bike. I can see their train of thought. That song was followed by the Cars' "Candy-O"

Another great new-wave song I hadn't heard in a while:

Human League----"The Things That Dreams are Made of", The first you-tube presented has great audio

Yeah, I haven't heard that one in a dog's age:

How 'bout this one? Missing Persons and "Destination Unknown":

Classic Elvis! :)

Here is a different spin (pardon the pun) on "Hound Dog" by "Big Mama" Thornton. I believe it was recorded before the classic Presley session.

"The Mighty Quinn" is one of those 45's that I ran out to buy and then literally played it to death ( wore the poor thing out and the record needle as well. ) I don't believe I have it on any of my many cd "hits compulations" . I will have to remedy that situation.

I don't have "Quinn" in my collection, either, but like you, whenever I hear it I want to hear it a lot - such a great, catchy tune. Sticks in your head (like a good song should).

(btw, hey there, mrroberts! Long time no chat. ;) )

Edited by: EugeniaH on Jul 8, 2012 6:39 PM

This YouTube video is blocked in the U.S., darkblue, so I'm reposting it with another link:

It's so interesting to hear this song. Admittedly, I've never heard of any of Dylan's more recent work, so it's kind of a "shock" to hear this 1960s-era voice on top of 1980s-era music... Kind of a cool tune - I like the effect of the backup singers.

I was thinking of backup singing and remembered one of my favorite Rolling Stones songs, "Gimme Shelter". The woman singing with Jagger is incredible! B-)

Oh yeah, Joan Baez. Yes, it's said that Diamonds and Rust is all about her relationship with Bob Dylan. A lovely, sad song.

Complete change of pace: Yesterday in my exercise class, the instructor played the Donna Summer song, "Hot Stuff". We were as much dancing as exercising to it - it was quite fun. I believe this is the main tune used in the strip show in *The Full Monty*. She died a few months ago, didn't she?

Hot Stuff, baby !

****-

How sweet to change up the pace, mw!

I am right with you. My favorite workout number:

[The Knack|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3ADektyDhM]