Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MissGoddess

Off Topic: Favorite Music?

> {quote:title=finance wrote:}{quote}You misspelled it, and I thought you were saying "I hate tables". I'm thinking, "what could she possibly have against tables"?

I was thinking of the "Periodic *Table* of Elements and Chemicals."

The reason you couldn't find a Youtube clip of "Listening to You" is that there's no such song. It's not called that; you're thinking of the second half of "We're Not Gonna Take It". It kind of segues into the part you're thinking of about half-way through. What you were calling "Listening to You" is actually entitled "See Me, Feel Me". Here 'tis:

If you just want to listen to the tune you had in mind, it starts at about 4:05 or so. But it's meant to be listened to as part of "We're Not Gonna Take It".

Thanks - I knew it wasn't a stand-alone song, and thought it was part of "See Me, Feel Me" (I forgot that these are also connected to "We're Not Gonna Take It") - I was looking for a clip of that part of the song.

All parts are good. :)

I saw the Who in 1989, but aren't they a little old to be still touring? Or, maybe they could change their name to "the Huh?"

:^0 Yeah, maybe just a little!

These dinosaur bands must do it for the adrenaline of playing to a live audience. It can't be a money issue. I'll bet though, instead of popping acid between sets, they do Geritol. ;)

True. I saw Springsteen a couple of years ago, and his band still creates more cumulative energy than Hoover Dam, (and is almost as old.)

The only time I ever saw The Boss live was wasted on me- it was years ago, a friend's boyfriend had scored some tickets. At the time he wasn' t a megastar, and the venue was relatively small. Unfortunately I was more into "new wave" at the time and mistakenly and foolishly thought Bruce was too "ordinary", too "mainstream", to by worthy of my attention.

Wrong I was. ( even Yoda thinks so.) Now I rarely listen to most of those new wave records, but I have almost the entire collection of Springsteen's work on CD. And actually play them.

Here be one of the few upbeat tunes from one of his best albums, Nebraska. This is "Open All Night" :

I love Bruce Springsteen, old stuff and newer stuff. Here's something from the later period.

As I've opined before, Springsteen was best before he become a star. I liked his first two LPs best of all ("Greetings from Asbury Park, NJ", and "The Wild, The Innocent, the E Street Shuffle")

finance, you are "entitled to your opinion". How often has that been said on these boards? But I have to say, your opinion is in need of revision. The Boss just got better and better ( until, maybe, 2008. And even now, he's still good.)

Right, darkblue, I never thought of it before, but listening carefully to "Brilliant Disguise", I see what you mean. Especially, as you say, two thirds or so into the song his voice takes on a passionate almost desperate quality, similar to Orbison's.

Interesting how both you and Eugenia both picked songs from Tunnel of Love.

By the way, Eugenia, not to quibble, but I would not describe Tunnel of Love as being from his "later" period. It came out in 1987, 25 years ago, and he's still making records. So it might be more apt to refer to that as his "middle period".

Great video, I'd never seen it before. I should have posted it on my "Amusement Park" thread. It's even got a carousel at the end !

Nah, you're not quibbling. Wow, how time flies! That's all I have to say. The 1980s still feel like "yesterday" to me...

Here's a quieter song I like: "Atlantic City".

Saw Ray Davies, former leader of the Kinks last night. Great show. The show started with just him playing acoustic guitar with just another guitar play. They played more the softer Kinks hits, and then a full band joined them and they played the harder rock ones. Ray was great and still full of a lot of energy.

*Come Sail Away*. My favorite Styx song and one of my favorites ever:

James, cool story. Did you have a good seat? I haven't been to a concert in a long time...

I can excuse James for his divergence, Eugenia.

Sail Away, good choice, Eugenia

Edited by: casablancalover on Jul 22, 2012 6:22 PM- for correcting Eugenia's name, for her girlfriend way back in the day was named Eugenie. a pox upon me..

Oh, sure! I don't have a problem with it. I just really wanted to post that Styx song, lol.

Here are the Kinks, "Tired of Waiting":