Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic: Favorite Music?

I had a great seat right in the middle, about 20 rows back and right next to an aisle so I didn't have any 'heads' blocking my view. Yes, great show. I really felt like I was back in time about 30 or so years since most of the songs were from the early years; all of the hits. Plus he talked about some of his favorites like Waterloo Sunset. A song he said was all about love and for lovers.

Yea, I didn't know where I should of posted this, but 'off topic, favorite music' looked right to me even if I didn't post a link to youtube or any music.

Chrissie would always play a Kinks song at The Pretender concerts. I went to one in L.A. a few months after they had broken up. When she went to introduce the song she didn't mention Ray or the Kinks but she said 'don't fall in love with your idols'. There was some pain in her voice when saying that.

*The only Styx song I really like is "Blue Collar Man".*

I've never heard "Blue Collar Man":

Admittedly, I like the "sappy" Styx best. "Come Sail Away", "Lady", etc. Dennis DeYoung has a good voice for these... ;)

Wow. If we're getting into doowop, I have an endless supply. The national anthem of fast doo-**** may be "Remember Then" by the Earls. The best slow doo-**** group was the Harptones. Willie Winfield was just a fantastic lead vocalist. Best songs---"That's the Way it Goes", "Cry Like I Cried", "Life is but a Dream, "THe Shrine of St. Cecilia".

Edited by: finance on Jul 26, 2012 2:18 PM

I remember Manhattan Transfer! I remember seeing one of their videos on the VH-1 music channel... This channel catered to "older folks", as I recall, as an alternative to MTV. They played a lot of Basia, et al.