Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MissGoddess

Off Topic: Favorite Music?

I had a great seat right in the middle, about 20 rows back and right next to an aisle so I didn't have any 'heads' blocking my view. Yes, great show. I really felt like I was back in time about 30 or so years since most of the songs were from the early years; all of the hits. Plus he talked about some of his favorites like Waterloo Sunset. A song he said was all about love and for lovers.

Yea, I didn't know where I should of posted this, but 'off topic, favorite music' looked right to me even if I didn't post a link to youtube or any music.

Wow, you really did have a good seat. You were lucky, with a group as famous as these guys...

It's interesting for me to hear about the groups that you like, since you yourself are a musician. :)

Chrissie would always play a Kinks song at The Pretender concerts. I went to one in L.A. a few months after they had broken up. When she went to introduce the song she didn't mention Ray or the Kinks but she said 'don't fall in love with your idols'. There was some pain in her voice when saying that.

*The only Styx song I really like is "Blue Collar Man".*

I've never heard "Blue Collar Man":

Admittedly, I like the "sappy" Styx best. "Come Sail Away", "Lady", etc. Dennis DeYoung has a good voice for these... ;)

Hey, I'm no dude! :^0

You're right, there wasn't enough in the song about flowers and love and heartbreak, all the things we women love to hear. ;)

Also, "Where Have All the Flowers Gone", lol!

I once saw this band live at a small outdoor concert. It was really cool, though I don't like this song I posted...

Wow. If we're getting into doowop, I have an endless supply. The national anthem of fast doo-**** may be "Remember Then" by the Earls. The best slow doo-**** group was the Harptones. Willie Winfield was just a fantastic lead vocalist. Best songs---"That's the Way it Goes", "Cry Like I Cried", "Life is but a Dream, "THe Shrine of St. Cecilia".

Edited by: finance on Jul 26, 2012 2:18 PM

I remember those commercials! What was so heartbreaking about it??? They talked about it like it was leprosy........

I bought a Doo-**** compilation set earlier this year (think it was 4 cds) and I love it! (there are several sets out there.......)

I remember Manhattan Transfer! I remember seeing one of their videos on the VH-1 music channel... This channel catered to "older folks", as I recall, as an alternative to MTV. They played a lot of Basia, et al.

I was a big Manhatten Transfer fan. I have most of their CDs. Unsure if they are still together.......