Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MissGoddess

Off Topic: Favorite Music?

The things you hear coming home from a walk.

The car wasn't that old, but darn the gal looked my age..

I think she had a 8-Track. I hadn't heard this song since I guess 1971, though style-wise it sounds much older..

Beverly Bremers:

Actually, I was talking with an engineer who has seen the studies of the effects of sound based on where the speaker or sound is emitted in correlation to your head.

>darkblue wrote: The resulting listen is something extraordinary. It's a program to be listened to flat on your back, in the dark - speakers behind your head and seperated so that each is slightly left and right of you back there. As you become more familiar with the program it takes a strange, hypnotic hold of you. By the time I get to 'Pictures of You', the beautiful yet torturous sadness of that track is almost overwhelming to my emotional makeup.

Yes, you just confirmed one of the stronger findings in the study. The location of the speakers will have a pronounced emotional response when behind the head as you described. Now am I sure the music is wonderful. but the location of the speakers are gearing you up too, not just the melody.

I had thought that there also overlap of some band members with the Buckinghams and Chicago ( originally Chicago Transit Authority)........Also, the Band Rufus (with Chaka Khan) grew out of the American Breed (also from Chicago).

d.b., it is a good version of the song, but the way I hear it, it keeps morphing into Bobby Fuller's big hit

( which as everyone knows is "I Fought the Law and the Law Won", a great little rocker.)

Here's a rockin' Buddy Holly tune. I presumptuously posted it twice, the first time because it accompanies a Harold Lloyd scene, and it really "goes" with the visuals.

But the audio quality is poor, so if you just want to hear a good clear recording of it, there's a second link for that.

Guess I'm nothing if not greedy.

Here be Down the Line:

And here's the better audio clip. Apparently they went back and "produced " it a bit more, with dynamite results. This rocks !

What a great song, more of a prayer than anything else.. Thanks for sharing, db.

Sticking with Hal David..

Marty Robbins:

[The Story of My Life|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMEuVAwTeaQ]