Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic: Favorite Music?

Man, I take a week or so off this thread and it's zoomed way ahead of me. I've got some catching up to do.

The B-52s were so much fun! I remember everyone dancing to them at parties. Ah the 80s. Hey, does anyone else think Fred Schneider looks a little like Danny Kaye? Maybe it's just because Danny Kaye's been under discussion on another thread, so I was thinking about him, but take a look at Fred (shakin' the tambourine) in that video darkblue posted. A distinct resemblance.

Sorry to take things down a notch or two from the peppy B-52s, but Sunday, (almost over though it is) always feels like time to play the Moody Blues. Minstrel's Song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhWLO6GbEZA

I love Betty Hutton but only in the movies, like The Fleet's In' where she is one of the supporting players. A little of Betty goes a long way and in the movies build around her, well, there is just a little too much Betty for my taste.

BigFaceSmallRazer, ( I gotta say, your screen name makes me kind of nervous :0 ) I'm pretty sure that very performance is shown in a Woody Allen film, I think *Crimes and Misdemeanors*. Woody's trying to get his niece to appreciate old movies, and he keeps taking her to classic film screenings. It's also, as you may know, a tale of murder (amongst other matters), and the way it's edited, Betty's shrieking "Murder !" right after a discussion of that very event in the story.(Woody's story, not Betty's...)

Edited by: misswonderly on Jan 17, 2013 12:46 AM

There are three songs I consider to be the "most hippy-ish, this is the 60s" type songs.

"For What It's Worth", by Buffalo Springfield, "Something in the Air", by Thunderclap Newman, and the third song I was trying to remember just the other day -it's the Youngbloods' "Let's Get Together".

Thanks, Scottman !

ps_ uh, actually, the second selection you posted, ostensibly "Let's Get Together" by We Five, is something altogether different. It happens, I've done it - you're copying and pasting several different links at the same computer session, and somehow things get a little mixed up. So here, for your listening delectation, is the We Five version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXt0nxVI0F

( I like the Youngbloods' interpretation the best. They just nailed it for that love 'n peace hippy feeling.)

Edited by: misswonderly on Jan 17, 2013 5:38 PM

added We Five song