Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic: Favorite Music?

So did you know there were two reasons why I chose that particular Tchaikovsky piece, Miss Whosits? The first was because it's a piece about banishment to Hell. The second is because it's the primary theme to...

No, I had no idea what you were referring to. Very clever. I did not know you were such a connoisseur of classical music.

I did visit Rimini once, to attend a music festival. The music they played was as far removed from Tchaikovsky as can be imagined---unfortunately.

I did not know you were such a connossieur of classical music.

Neither did I. :D

I did visit Rimini once, to attend a music festival.

Lucky you! I have been advised to visit Hades a few times over the past few months. :P

I love "Kiss Me Kate"!!!! I think Howard Keel and Kathryn Grayson were definitely one of the greatest musical pairs. They made "Kiss Me Kate", "Show Boat", and "Lovely To Look At". I can't remember if they made any others.

they were one of the greatest musical pairs!! i so agree with you. they didnt do asny other movies together other than those three, but i love each one, especially Kiss Me Kate! i love Show Boat and Lovely to Look At too. they are quite charming and full of wonderful songs i an in love with. do you like the Champions? Marge and Gower were so amazing when dancing together. i was so heart broken when i found they were divorced after all those movies they were in together. they were also in another movie with Howard Keel and Essy Williams....Jupitor's Darling. oh it is too cute!

that song, "I Hate Men" always cracks me up!

I'm just looking for a scapegoat. If they win tonight, you'll be my pride and joy.

oh pride and joy? how sweet!

But if they lose....

oh no. i dont like that tone of writing. april (gulp) help me.

i feel like loretta young in The Stranger, and you would be orson welles......im running!

Yes, you chat a lot. Me, on the other, I'm the weak, silent type.

well that sinks the duck!

Who are we throwing a parade for?

Au revoir!

we are throwing a parade for april! she is to be congratulated! as well as the gary thread!

auf Wiedersehen heehee!

Hiya, Super Sweet Jinx -- I'm just looking for a scapegoat. If they win tonight, you'll be my pride and joy.

oh pride and joy? how sweet!

I'll lavish much love your way if your posting today ends up helping me out. You know what, if they win tonight, I'll watch Pride and Prejudice. That's how delirious I'll be.

But if they lose....

oh no. i dont like that tone of writing. april (gulp) help me.

I'll lavish much pain your way if your posting today ends up being a jinx. No more Greer films for me.

i feel like loretta young in The Stranger, and you would be orson welles......im running!

Run to the clock tower. You'll be safe there.

Yes, you chat a lot. Me, on the other, I'm the weak, silent type.

well that sinks the duck!

:D Do silly gooses sink?

we are throwing a parade for april! she is to be congratulated! as well as the gary thread!

Are you still playing with your imaginary friend? Is she a doll? :D:P

auf Wiedersehen heehee!

Yay!

I'm a dirty sod-buster. I'll look to take a shower. And I'm not speakin' of a lead shower, Missy.

you heard him say it april. he admitted he was a sod-buster! he's a womanizing connoisseur!!!

when you take a shower, look to use some soap. it might help the place smell a little fresher. heehee ;)

I'll lavish much love your way if your posting today ends up helping me out. You know what, if they win tonight, I'll watch Pride and Prejudice. That's how delirious I'll be.

are you serious? you will actually watch pride and prejudice if they win tonight?!! im so excited all the sudden!!

I'll lavish much pain your way if your posting today ends up being a jinx. No more Greer films for me.

my excitement just went away......what do you mean no more greer films. you HAVE to watch pride and prejudice frankie. its a moral imperative.. AND an american instituition. heehee!

yeah thats me the jinx. why am i always the jinx? oh thats right, im sour....that one deserves a good giggle!

safe there? ha! and as soon as i reach the clock tower and start climbing the ladder to get to the high safe place, the ladder will split in half and ill fall to my death! april, frankie wants to kill me!!

Do silly gooses sink?

i rest my case!!

Are you still playing with your imaginary friend? Is she a doll?

yes she is a doll! at least april wouldnt want to kill me!

auf Wiedersehen heehee!

Yay!

if you were paying attention to The Sound of Music when your grandpa was watching it that day at the end, eleanor parker says that to christopher plummer in this really amazing way. i always try to say it like she did. heehee! but seeing as you dont fancy that movie you probably werent paying attention were you?

> {quote:title=FrankGrimes wrote:}{quote}

> Somebody is very funny today! :D Okay, okay. You are right. I'm a dirty sod-buster. I'll look to take a shower. And I'm not speakin' of a lead shower, Missy.

Do you sing in the shower?

TallMen022.jpg?t=1207176085

TallMen023.jpg?t=1207176104

TallMen024.jpg?t=1207176125

TallMen025.jpg?t=1207176148

TallMen026.jpg?t=1207176179

TallMen027.jpg?t=1207176202

TallMen028.jpg?t=1207176228

TallMen029.jpg?t=1207176250

TallMen030.jpg?t=1207176269

TallMen031.jpg?t=1207176291

i think he is too "macho" to sing in the shower, april. heehee!

by the way, im just lovin these screen caps!! our robbie ryan looks beyond gorgeous in that movie, but i have only seen it once and i dont remember that scene in the tub. its real funny though. i saw it quite a few years ago at grandmama's house.

you heard him say it april. he admitted he was a sod-buster! he's a womanizing connoisseur!!!

I did not say I was a womanizing connoisseur!

when you take a shower, look to use some soap. it might help the place smell a little fresher. heehee

Now that really made me laugh!

are you serious? you will actually watch pride and prejudice if they win tonight?!! im so excited all the sudden!!

Yes, I will.

my excitement just went away......what do you mean no more greer films. you HAVE to watch pride and prejudice frankie. its a moral imperative.. AND an american instituition. heehee!

I'm gonna ban Greer films if my squad loses tonight. And I'm gonna send you to that american institution.

yeah thats me the jinx. why am i always the jinx? oh thats right, im sour....that one deserves a good giggle!

You're either a sour jinx or a sweet good luck charm.

safe there? ha! and as soon as i reach the clock tower and start climbing the ladder to get to the high safe place, the ladder will split in half and ill fall to my death! april, frankie wants to kill me!!

No, no, no. I merely want to save you from the bad influences that surround you.

Are you still playing with your imaginary friend? Is she a doll?

yes she is a doll! at least april wouldnt want to kill me!

I hope you're imaginary friend doesn't kill you. That would be horrible. REDRUM. LIRPA.

if you were paying attention to The Sound of Music when your grandpa was watching it that day at the end, eleanor parker says that to christopher plummer in this really amazing way. i always try to say it like she did. heehee! but seeing as you dont fancy that movie you probably werent paying attention were you?

I've never seen the film. The Sound of Music just doesn't fit this thread, either. Now Top Secret! certainly does. That's what film I thought you were referencing. ;)

I did not say I was a womanizing connoisseur

you may not have said it, but me and april guessed it. heehee!

I'm gonna ban Greer films if my squad loses tonight. And I'm gonna send you to that american institution.

you arent really going to limit all of greer's films out of your future viewings are you? i cant believe they lost last night!! its all my fault! im ahsamed of myself!!! dramaticism is a vitality. heehee!

You're either a sour jinx or a sweet good luck charm.

its official, im a sour jinx. whatever will i do?!

No, no, no. I merely want to save you from the bad influences that surround you

that may be your excuse, but when i step in that tower ill be watchiing out for you to be around with a saw.

I hope you're imaginary friend doesn't kill you. That would be horrible. REDRUM. LIRPA.

april would never do anything like that......i hope. heehee!

i was referencing Top Secret! silly. heehee! i was trying to get you to watch Sound of Music, but i was referencing Top Secret!

Congratulations, MissTexasTea! That is the cutest little picture....aren't men in uniform cute?

why do you think i posted it? heehee! well it was one of the reasons anyway. :) thanks sweet april!

Oh, and the kitten and puppy are cute too.

i know, i love little kitties. they are the best!! and the little puppy doggy. oh they just melt me down!

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched The Blue Gardenia and some good use of Wagner. It's the The Prelude and Love-Death from Tristan und Isolde, and that actually has do with the plot. They did something quite creative with it. No spoilers. There is a scene where Richard Conte and a cohort are sitting at the airport and this music comes over the loudspeaker that triggers something in Conte (from earlier in the movie). When he hears it, and it's the Love-Death portion he hears, he says, "What's that?" The other guy says, "Just canned music." Wagner is anything but canned and you'd never hear that played through an airport loudspeaker---so, kind of a laugh there ... but this music is different than what Anne Baxter heard blah blah blah so Conte is suspicious blah blah. Later on, in a scene that resolves the story, we hear the Prelude this time, a relatively lengthy excerpt that is effectively integrated with the action, i.e., it's the actual background music for what's transpiring on the screen, and perfectly suited. I really liked the way they made that music work. Very clever ... and gorgeous music too.(Wagner would turn over in his grave, but hey, too bad, Rich)

I liked Anne in this movie. She's rather cute when a bit tipsy, she did a good job with that. And it's interesting to see Raymond Burr play a dubious character at this time (1953) when he was or was about to be Perry Mason on TV.

Bonjour, Lafitte,

I never paid attention to the music in The Blue Gardenia before (except, of course, Nat King Cole's) but I certainly will after reading your post. It's one of my favorite noirs. I'm not a big fan of Ann Baxter but I do like her in this one.