Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic: Favorite Music?

Oh, mw, that was so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

But i am more interested in following the Scottman's lead.

Slippin' into Darkness was just funk... very good

It brought to mind a couple others from that era. What War wrought.

Rare Earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm9lF8aZxNk

Sly and Family Stone:

h5. I don't know if this was before or after Sly's fling with Doris Day..

Another person who hasn't read Doris' biography, _Her Own Story_

with A.E. Hotchner. It was the hot rumor at the time of her bio. She met Sly, who was a friend of her son. The meeting lasted maybe 15 minutes. Not much time to develop anything.

She had rumors flying about her in Hollywood, and part of the bio I think was to clear them up. A quick Google could do that too. I suppose I didn't help, but it just shows you don't know a person entirely, nor can we judge.

Would it matter to you? Really? It really doesn't affect our lives how she lived hers. Unless you have a relationship to Ms. Day.

Sorry but your subsequent post has me confused. In the first one you say Sly and Day had a fling.

Then you post: The meeting lasted maybe 15 minutes,,,,

So they had a fling in this 15 minutes? OR did they meet again later on? OR when you say " I suppose I didn't help' you meant that by saying they had a fling, you contributed to spreading an untruth? (if one is to believe Day).

.. You are better off not believing it.

Now really, Sly just isn't the fling type. Funkadelic passion, but no fling.

It does make me wonder what defines a fling. It seems to be different things to different people. A fling, I see as far more innocent ..

Sly did do Que Sera, Sera

Definitely, not the fling type

Do you remember them Casablanca? When I was a kid, my dad had all their records. They weren't as big as Sly & the Family Stone (he had their records too) but just as good (imo).

And now for something completely different. Anybody else a fan of this great American singer/songwriter?

I wish I could say I am too young, but no. I didn't hear Mother's Finest as much as Sly, but at the time, I was into Stevie Wonder, Roberta Flack, and Boz Scaggs.

Now Lucinda Williams I know. I like the Ugly Truth:

h5. Reality is better than fantasy, because fantasy is only a game we can grow tired of, and reality is life, and your life you can change.

Why thank you CB2! That was a great clip, these boys really know their stuff!

Funny you should mention Scotland, I was there in 2007 competing with the L.A.Scots Pipe Band. It is truly a beautiful country.

L.A. Scots:

I've seen this band perform at some of the Scottish games that I attend. They are a really nice Celtic band. Molly's Revenge:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALDqyLcRTmo

I absolutely love Scotland too. The Highlands are magnificent, and Midlothian area is so green and lush and full of sheep.. lol

all I can say is Wow. The L.A. Scots are really great. Was there a marching component too? In MN, there was playing and marching also judged. I recognized the playing in the circle, with judges very well from Highland Games back home. Are you a piper or a drummer?

The piper in Molly's Revenge played for over 6 minutes. I know you need to keep filling the bag..

There's no marching component for pipe band competition. We do march into a circle, while playing the first tune. I am a drummer. I played tenor in 2007 (those are the guys that were waving thier sticks around in the video). I played bass for the L.A. Scots in 2011 and 2012, but am now playing bass for a new band, the Long Beach Fire Department Pipe Band. We just formed this year. It is mostly made up of civilians like myself, but we do have a couple of firemen in the band.

L.A. Scots 2012 @ the Queen Mary games in Long Beach, Ca.: