Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic: Favorite Music?

I am feeling sheepish today too. Hey, anyone familiar with that Glenn Ford Western, *The Sheepman* ?

Now, I'm tempted to post some version of Mary Had a Little Lamb, but I'll spare us all that. (Incidentally Paul McCartney does a lamentable version of the tune.)

Apropos of nothing, here are The Kinks (well, mainly Dave Davies) with Susannah's Still Alive. It's kind of a strange song, lyrically.

Gee, finance, I never took you for a prog rock fan.

Good record, very weird story. That Peter Gabriel must have been uh, "enhancing" his imagination when he wrote the lyrics for that album.

Careful what you ask for, you might get it.

Edited by: misswonderly on Mar 24, 2013 2:36 PM

Very nice, Scottman. But I have to say, the Polecats are hardly "kids", at least not now. Sure they were in 1980, which is when that cover of "Jeepster" was recorded. I was a "kid" in 1980 too. Just sayin', it's not exactly an example of young bands today rockin' it out -although there are still many doing just that.

Still, not to quibble, it's a fine song. Here's the original, even finer:

How about the group started by the daughters of Brian Wilson; Wilson Philips, with Carnie and Wendy Wilson and Chynna Philips. Sold 12 million records and had 3 #1 singles.

Edited by: jamesjazzguitar on Mar 28, 2013 1:12 PM

*"I want ALL sisters."* - finance

The Pointer Sisters.

The Wilson Sisters of "Heart".

----------------------------

But I would have thought you were more of a King Sisters or Lennon Sisters kinda guy. Maybe The Andrews Sisters if you really let yourself go.

Well Heart isn't made up of 'all sisters' either, but only two sister. i.e. the rest of the band members are NOT related.

Thus I fail to see the difference. (but what is it about the last name Wilson and sisters forming bands!).

"These Dreams" is a beautiful song. I've always liked Heart's "Dog and Butterfly" too:

I remember seeing the Pointer Sisters in Las Vegas performing at the National Association of Broadcasters convention in 1984. I was there with some fellow broadcasting students, we crashed the luncheon to see them. The first song the did was "Automatic":