Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic: Favorite Music?

The thing I found unique about Parsons was while he wrote or cowrote so many of the songs and played keyboards he didn't sing on anything, at least nothing I own. He had a core band but at times drew in people to do a number on an album. The two most famous are Christopher Cross who did a cut on an album called "On Air" and the lead singer from Styx, whose name escapes me, did a tune for "Time Machine." Parsons was an innovative produer. Also, if I remember corriectly he did some work for Pink Floyd by producing "Dark SIde of The Moon."

Hiya Chris...

lead singer from Styx

Dennis DeYoung or Tommy Shaw???

He had a core band but at times drew in people to do a number on an album

I think Carlos Santana seems to do this a lot too.(I don't know much about him, though so I might be mistaken)

It's interesting how the "voice" may be different, but you can still hear a TAPP (or Santana) song and know that it is one of theirs. They have their own unique style to be sure.

Message was edited by: rohanaka

Spandau Ballet

Well, you've gone beyond my "realm of knowledge" with that one. That's one I've never followed. I recognize the name, but don't recall anything specific.

I should go back to bed.

Good luck with that!! I think we should all get "nap times" like we used to do in kindergarten....I could live in a world where everyday, right in the middle of things we all get a nice snack and then just lay down and rest for about an hour... :-)

> {quote:title=rohanaka wrote:}{quote}

>

> Good luck with that!! I think we should all get "nap times" like we used to do in kindergarten....I could live in a world where everyday, right in the middle of things we all get a nice snack and then just lay down and rest for about an hour... :-)

They call that "siesta" in Spanish countries. I'm all for it. I think cat naps give me more

energy sometimes than 50 cups of tea. :)

My wife never met a time of day that couldn't be improved by a nap. She can sleep anywhere. She has on more than one occasion slept for the night on the living room floor.

I can't nap. Sleeping is more a hobby for me. Any I can get will have to do.

> {quote:title=movieman1957 wrote:}{quote}

> My wife never met a time of day that couldn't be improved by a nap. She can sleep anywhere. She has on more than one occasion slept for the night on the living room floor.

>

SHE slept on the floor??? OK, I won't go there... :P

> I can't nap. Sleeping is more a hobby for me. Any I can get will have to do.

It's not easy for me to actually fall asleep, I can drift into near-unconsciousness and

that even helps give me more energy. Unfortunately, I don't have time to take them so

it makes no difference.

As for sleeping at night, forget it! I have one good night's sleep on average about

every three months. :)

>SHE slept on the floor??? OK, I won't go there...

"I'm not going to sleep" she says as she puts down a sofa pillow and a blanket. "You're going to miss the show" I advise knowing she will be gone in minutes. And so it goes.

After years of being unable to wake her no matter how hard I try I just leave her there. At some point you just don't even try anymore. She'll come to bed when she can.

Put on some soft music. Make a CD that will help relax you. I recommend John Barry.

Chris!!

"I'm not going to sleep" she says as she puts down a sofa pillow and a blanket. "You're going to miss the show" I advise knowing she will be gone in minutes. And so it goes.

After years of being unable to wake her no matter how hard I try I just leave her there. At some point you just don't even try anymore. She'll come to bed when she can.

Put on some soft music. Make a CD that will help relax you. I recommend John Barry.

John Barry? nice taste Chris! i love his songs "The Last Valley", and "Somewhere in Time"....my daddy loves his stuff too and thats how i know who he is. i have this CD i made a few years ago, b/c i hate silence. i can never get to sleep woth silence, and on the CD i have Eddy Dutchin, Bach, John Barry, Mozart, Beethoven, and more Eddy Dutchin....heehee! i think its the best way to unwind at the end of the day and also have a cup of tea to go with it....

April Dahlink!!

what do you mean a good night's sleep is better than 50 cups of tea! nothing is better than 50 cups of tea! heehee! especially chamomille...well maybe both in that case. how manhy cups of tea have you had this morning? guess how many ive had! heehee!

>

> April Dahlink!!

>

Theresa Dahlink!!

> what do you mean a good night's sleep is better than 50 cups of tea! nothing is better than 50 cups of tea! heehee! especially chamomille...well maybe both in that case. how manhy cups of tea have you had this morning? guess how many ive had! heehee!

I think I've had about six. This weather has me struggling to wake up! All I want

is to hybernate for the next six months. :) And no chamomile for me, that relaxes

me and at work I need to pep up! I have chamomile at night, sometimes. Are you

still drinking those "flower" teas? I saw them for the first time the other day in a store.

I'm afraid I've tried it all. Nothing works (except drugs!)

Ha...The QT and I have a little joke when one of us can't sleep... the other one will say..."Want me to go out to the shed and get the hammer??" (I know...sounds awful...I PROMISE we both know the other is kidding!!! ) So...there's drugs....and...there's that hammer thing....

Chris....my husband is a "sleeper" too. He is one of the few people I know that when he is tired he just gets up and goes to bed. (what a concept) I have NEVER been like that...I tend to be one who has to be so tired I just can't stay awake anymore before I can fall asleep...which might explain why I fall asleep watching movies at night so often ....I am not smart enough to just go to bed.

Message was edited by: rohanaka

I think I've had about six. This weather has me struggling to wake up! All I want

is to hybernate for the next six months. And no chamomile for me, that relaxes

me and at work I need to pep up! I have chamomile at night, sometimes. Are you

still drinking those "flower" teas? I saw them for the first time the other day in a store.

man! im only on my fourth. i think the whole human race should be allowed 6 months off for hybernation. that way everyone would have a vacation and have enough rest to come in for work the next day. goodness i think everyone wants that! i dont drink Chamomille in the morning! i drink Chai tea and Lavender, and irish green....yeah i love thos flower blossoming teas...i still drink them all the time, theyre extra fun to watch in the water blossom and flavor it at the same time. did you get some for yourself? i know a place that sells them all the time, i can try to find you a few. i havent been there in a while though. heehee! im going in a few days with momma.

> {quote:title=butterscotchgreer wrote:}{quote}

>

> man! im only on my fourth. i think the whole human race should be allowed 6 months off for hybernation. that way everyone would have a vacation and have enough rest to come in for work the next day. goodness i think everyone wants that! i dont drink Chamomille in the morning! i drink Chai tea and Lavender, and irish green....yeah i love thos flower blossoming teas...i still drink them all the time, theyre extra fun to watch in the water blossom and flavor it at the same time. did you get some for yourself? i know a place that sells them all the time, i can try to find you a few. i havent been there in a while though. heehee! im going in a few days with momma.

I found a place that offers them in Manrattan, but thank you anyway. :) I haven't tried

one yet, but I will. I don't think I've had Lavender tea.

> {quote:title=rohanaka wrote:}{quote}

> I'm afraid I've tried it all. Nothing works (except drugs!)

>

> Ha...The QT and I have a little joke when one of us can't sleep... the other one will say..."Want me to go out to the shed and get the hammer??" (I know...sounds awful...I PROMISE we both know the other is kidding!!! ) So...there's drugs....and...there's that hammer thing....

>

:D I think I need a hammer.

hey Kathy!

how's the youngin' today? :)

Ha...The QT and I have a little joke when one of us can't sleep... the other one will say..."Want me to go out to the shed and get the hammer??" (I know...sounds awful...I PROMISE we both know the other is kidding!!! ) So...there's drugs....and...there's that hammer thing....

that sounds a little scarry actually. now whenever i see you with a hammer, ill run the opposite way and hide. heehee! i much rather prefer those little sound making machines of the ocean....you know, the ones that sound like youre about to drown in a giant wave coming at you? heehee!

I found a place that offers them in Manrattan, but thank you anyway. I haven't tried

one yet, but I will. I don't think I've had Lavender tea.

oh Lavender tea is soooo good! Angie recently gave me a package of different hot teas for Christmas and it even had Pomegranate tea!! i looove my pomegranates! i havent tried it yet though, im saving it for a rainy day. there is also Tropical sobert and green passion fruit flavors in it, which i found interesting.

rohanaka, I was looking at some of the videos in this thread and I came across a picture of your cat. It is a very beautiful litle kitten. How old is he? And where di dyou get that cute little bed for him?

my husband and I have a 3-year old calico, we would love to get a litle bed like that for her

sorry everyone for butin in, just wanted to aks rohanka about the kitty and thank you for sharing ur videos

> {quote:title=butterscotchgreer wrote:}{quote}

>

> oh Lavender tea is soooo good! Angie recently gave me a package of different hot teas for Christmas and it even had Pomegranate tea!! i looove my pomegranates! i havent tried it yet though, im saving it for a rainy day. there is also Tropical sobert and green passion fruit flavors in it, which i found interesting.

I bet those teas are especially good when it's hot outside. Oh, I forgot. It IS hot

where you are! I'm so envious!! :P

I bet those teas are especially good when it's hot outside. Oh, I forgot. It IS hot

where you are! I'm so envious!!

hey now! Texas isnt always hot, it happens to be very unpredictable weather and it can be very cold....its just that 40 degrees happens to be frost bite for us. heehee!

okay we can always make a deal, the first snowflake that comes down, just catch it and put it on some dry ice and send it down here, and ill catch some sun light in a heat proof box and send it your way. does that sound good? :)

Hi Texanna...and welcome....

Sorry but it's not my kitty....I just found him by doing a little "google". He is cute though, isn't he. If he really were MY kitty I would be in trouble!! (Kitty's make me sneeze!) :-) Hope you enjoyed the youtubes...I went a little post "crazy" yesterday. :-)

> {quote:title=FrankGrimes wrote:}{quote}

> All you need is a box; you've got plenty of hot air to heat it. :P:P

This is the kind of stuff you write after all this time you've wasted not posting

on any movies. Fine thing.