Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic: Favorite Music?

• 2 weeks later...

Today I found out that the wonderful Jean Redpath has died. It was on the 21st of this month. She was 77. She had been my favorite folk singer of this of this type, and one of the only singers I really enjoyed listening to a cappella. I wish I could have found her rendition of Love's a Teasin' from when she was very young, with minimal accompaniment not drawing attention away from her beautiful voice, which possessed both delicacy and richness. Here's another lovely song.

Rest in peace, Jean. Riddles Wisely Expounded

What the heck, it's Friday. I don't mind a bit of old time prog rock,

but it never got me high like drugs did. This song is more of a

ballad really, lacking the just short of over the top bombast that

puts the prog in prog rock. And Greg Lake was a very talented

man, as he could chew gum and sing at the same time. Enjoy. :)

This version is not as spacy as the studio version by the group. ...Incidentally, I finally discovered a post-2000 group that I really like a lot of their stuff. Are you familiar with Coheed and Cambria? I had never even heard of them before.

My good deed for the third quarter. This happened to be the last EL&P

LP I bought. No, I haven't heard of Coheed and Cambria. Have to do a

little clicking around. I wish I had more time to listen to music, old or new.

C&C are generally classified as progressive metal.

Robyn Carlsson

I like this. I'm reminded of a time, eons ago, when someone I'd been seeing a bit was with someone new one night.  He was singer in a band and during a break at the club he and the girl walked out to her car (a Porsche, ugh!) and kissed.  I thought the world was over.

I like this. I'm reminded of a time, eons ago, when someone I'd been seeing a bit was with someone new one night.  He was singer in a band and during a break at the club he and the girl walked out to her car (a Porsche, ugh!) and kissed.  I thought the world was over.

The first time I heard this song (Dancing On My Own), I was immediately reminded of Lesley Gore's song 'Look of Love' from 1965. I've posted it here a couple of times over the years. Similar themes a half century apart, both emotionally gripping in the same way.

The first time I heard this song (Dancing On My Own), I was immediately reminded of Lesley Gore's song 'Look of Love' from 1965. I've posted it here a couple of times over the years. Similar themes a half century apart, both emotionally gripping in the same way.

Strange, I don't remember ever hearing this!  And I listened to radio like crazy.  Styles change, but never matters of the heart.  A cliche, but true!