Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic: Favorite Music?

This is one of my favorite oldies songs.

I'm not sure how to make the video appear. I'm new to the message boards, so if anyone would like to let me know, it'd be much appreciated! :)

Edited by emmvee

This is one of my favorite oldies songs.

I'm not sure how to make the video appear. I'm new to the message boards, so if anyone would like to let me know, it'd be much appreciated! :)

Hi, Emmvee.

Welcome to the boards!

To embed a video, put the video’s URL in-between the "start media" tag and the "end media" tag. For example, the URL to your video, put between the two tags, would look like this:

00RoZTN.jpg

When your post is saved, it will appear as below, and allow the video to be played within the thread without opening a new tab and redirecting the viewer to YouTube.

Hi, Emmvee.

Welcome to the boards!

To embed a video, put the video’s URL in-between the "start media" tag and the "end media" tag. For example, the URL to your video, put between the two tags, would look like this:

00RoZTN.jpg

When your post is saved, it will appear as below, and allow the video to be played within the thread without opening a new tab and redirecting the viewer to YouTube.

Thank you, Notan! 

• Like 1

I just heard this today. It knocked me out. Fast, tense, exciting - just what rock and roll 's supposed to be.

"Downtown", it's called. Definitely not the Petula Clark song (which I love, by the way.)

This is a Canadian band - well, more a duet- called "Whitehorse" :

Shure, why not?  :)

This is f***ing great. I had never heard it before yesterday. My spinning instructor played it in class  I almost jumped off the bike...........Here's a change of pace. I finally got around to selecting some Sinatra for my ipod. Here are what I determined to be my top 5 Sinatra recordings:

Everything Happens to Me (with Tommy Dorsey)

There are Such Things (with Tommy Dorsey)

I Had the Craziest Dream

I'll Remember April

Angel Eyes

Time marches on. Of course it is almost thirty years old. I do recall

a time when one never heard rock music in ads or offices or

grocery stores. Now it's old hat. I get a surprise every once

in a while. I'll be shopping in a grocery store and an old reggae

tune comes on. How did that get in there?

At Trader Joe's, I've gotten a lot of songs for my ipod from hearing them there, and asking at the desk for the title and artist.

I can see where this would be used in an exercise setting. It's quite propelsive

and energetic. I remember seeing this band's name in different places, but

never heard any of their music. I don't think they became very popular in

the U.S.

They should have reconsidered their name. The The? Is that supposed to be clever?

Maybe at the time it seemed clever and maybe they were under the

influence of some mind altering substances. It's not much worse than

some other band names. Wiki might have the reasons for the name,

but I don't care enough to look it up. :(

I didn't see it on their Wiki entry, but did find a List of Band Name Etymologies on Wiki with scads of bands.  Naturally, The The wasn't mentioned.

I didn't see it on their Wiki entry, but did find a List of Band Name Etymologies on Wiki with scads of bands.  

One that is absent also from that list is: VIA Gra. Their name means loosely: 'musical game' and it has been game of musical chairs because of more than one dozen people being in the trio over the years.

It is sad to say that it is very difficult to search for them on Internet because all search engines make it one word and return results for popular little blue pills. 

It is very interesting group with many quite unique songs. One of my favorites is:

One that is absent also from that list is: VIA Gra. Their name means loosely: 'musical game' and it has been game of musical chairs because of more than one dozen people being in the trio over the years.

It is sad to say that it is very difficult to search for them on Internet because all search engines make it one word and return results for popular little blue pills. 

It is very interesting group with many quite unique songs. One of my favorites is:

A zippy number. They all look like models!