Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic: Favorite Music?

Hiya Miss Butterscotch..... sounds a little scarry actually

My husband and I tend to have a bit of a "warped" sense of humor sometimes...but it's all in good fun... I tell him though that we have to be careful because if we ever tease each other that way in public...people might think we are serious! :-)

sound making machines

Ugh! I HATE noise when I am trying to sleep. The QT has a fan that he has to have running all night long and he keeps it on the floor by the bed, right by his head. And it is likely there as much for the "noise" factor as it is for the air movement. It could be 10 below zero outside...but he still has to have his "security" fan. I have learned to tune it out over the years....but that is only because I have bought him several new ones as time has gone by and I just keep trying to find the quietest ones I can....So I guess "Quietfan" might have been a better name for me in the long run after all! :-) Of course....when the fan starts to get too loud...there is always that hammer thing again....

how's the youngin' today

She is doing alright. Her birthday is later this week...the BIG "6"....she is just about beside herself with anticipation. :-)

Hope you are having a happy day.

My husband and I tend to have a bit of a "warped" sense of humor sometimes...but it's all in good fun... I tell him though that we have to be careful because if we ever tease each other that way in public...people might think we are serious!

that cute. heehee! my parents tend to do that at times and they dont know that i hear it sometimes. so i guess i know what your saying. :)

Ugh! I HATE noise when I am trying to sleep. The QT has a fan that he has to have running all night long and he keeps it on the floor by the bed, right by his head. And it is likely there as much for the "noise" factor as it is for the air movement. It could be 10 below zero outside...but he still has to have his "security" fan. I have learned to tune it out over the years....but that is only because I have bought him several new ones as time has gone by and I just keep trying to find the quietest ones I can....So I guess "Quietfan" might have been a better name for me in the long run after all! Of course....when the fan starts to get too loud...there is always that hammer thing again....

boy, i cant stand silence, everything floods into my mind and then i cant sleep b/c im thinking about everything in my lifer at once, i hate that, so i distract myself by putting on my music down low or i put a movie in my little DVD player in my room and just let it run until i fall asleep. some of my family members have to use the fan as their noise too like your QT, so i understand fully. but i find it funny that they still use it in really cold weather and bundle up with ten blankets over them, all b/c they want to hear the fan or they like the air movement. oh well....we love them anyway. heehee!

She is doing alright. Her birthday is later this week...the BIG "6"....she is just about beside herself with anticipation.

oh that is wonderful! get her a pretty and shiny tiara to wear at her little birthdfay party. she;ll love it. heehee! i got one for my 6th birthday and never took it off. so what are yall doing for her special day?

Hope you are having a happy day.

yes i am actually!!! im a happy little trooper! :) i have been watching all the Maisie movies today and enjoying every one of them! what about you?

It's the lovely Theresa.

I am one of those fan people. Like you it drowns out other things. I, however, turn mine around so I get the noise but not the air.

I would love to have music but my bride tells me it is too distracting. However, she will put on a DVD too until she falls asleep. I find that more distracting because of the screen flashing. Though if I can't sleep I'll get up and go watch something.

Chris

frankie kissy face furter!

All you need is a box; you've got plenty of hot air to heat it.

nevermind, i dont need any coldness, you already dropped the temperature with that comment. heehee! ;);) you know just because im wearing my white gloves, doesnt mean i cant bring out my black ones again.

dahlink!

I think I'd rather ship myself in a heated box.

heehee! i know, i'd rather go play in the snow and make forts and have snow ball fights.

> {quote:title=rohanaka wrote:}{quote}

> FrankGrimes wrote:

> All you need is a box; you've got plenty of hot air to heat it.

>

> April....would you like me to loan you that hammer??? Mr. Grey may need a nap.... :-)

Yes! Please! So I can send him off in a "box" somewhere. Like a graveyard. :P

everyone! im watching part 2 of the MGM documentaries and My Greer just came on and they are talking about her whol MGM career! and now my cute Roddy MacDowell is talking about how"she was one of the most romantic creatures in the world"...this is so exciting! i cant believe i missed the beginning of this...i have been wanting to record all three parts, but i missed the first part and i just turned this part on.....banana oil! banana oil!

now they are talking about Captains Courageous which was actually Greer's first movie she ever saw in Hollywood when she arrived, but they didnt say that....heehee!

oh now footage of Judy at her birthday in the pool! this is heaven!

Its the loverly music man Chris!

*It's the lovely Theresa.*

I am one of those fan people. Like you it drowns out other things. I, however, turn mine around so I get the noise but not the air.

thayts interesting, you turn the fan around so you dont get the air....how cool! i should let my family members know that, they might like that idea.

I would love to have music but my bride tells me it is too distracting. However, she will put on a DVD too until she falls asleep. I find that more distracting because of the screen flashing. Though if I can't sleep I'll get up and go watch something.

i guess im more like your loverly bride. i love putting on a DVD of my Golden Girls or one of my mushy romantic movies and ill fall asleep smiling. heehee! i love the dreams of mine that come from me falling asleep to that stuff too. heehee!

goshly, im taking so long to write this shgort post, but im loving this documentary....heehee!

What kind of music do you like, texanna?

Did you ever get a chance to go to SXSW in Austin?

everyone! im watching part 2 of the MGM documentaries and My Greer just came on and they are talking about her whol MGM career! and now my cute Roddy MacDowell is talking about how"she was one of the most romantic creatures in the world"...this is so exciting! i cant believe i missed the beginning of this...i have been wanting to record all three parts, but i missed the first part and i just turned this part on.....banana oil! banana oil!

Isn't Greer Garson just divine? :x

All you need is a box; you've got plenty of hot air to heat it. :P :P

Even by the standards of the TCM forums, that does seem like a low blow. :P

Hi ButterGirl! Did you finish watching all of the MGM documentary? I'm

afraid I didn't catch any of it but I have seen it before. Did they show

anymore Greer afterward?

Before I go to beddy-bye, do you mind sharing your top five favorite

tunes that make you cry? A happy cry or a sad cry, just whatever

really "gets to you". Chris and Kathy already gave me their excellent

choices and I'm wondering about yours. I know you probably prefer

upbeat stuff, though.

:)

Like a graveyard

OH now...that is a bit extreme....besides....you don't want to give him any more excuses...you know... like: "I couldn't ramble because I had to go to a funeral". :-)

Maybe just a light tap or two will do...and then he will get a good little nap and wake up a new man. Or better yet...he will wake up with amnesia...yeah....that's it! He can get amnesia and then when he asks "who am I" we can say....

"You are a famous "ramble writer" and you were just about to embark on a month long session of writing your greatest rambles ever...And then we can set him to work catching up on all those "empty promises" Or even better yet...we can say...You are Gary Cooper....or John Wayne... and you hate football...and you just can't stand Grace Kelly....nah...that would just be mean. :-)

Frank...this one's for you:

(my gosh, my golly...what WAS little Debbie thinkin with this one'??)

OH now...that is a bit extreme....besides....you don't want to give him any more excuses...you know... like: "I couldn't ramble because I had to go to a funeral".

That made me laugh! Today we bury empty promises. :P

Maybe just a light tap or two will do...and then he will get a good little nap and wake up a new man. Or better yet...he will wake up with amnesia...yeah....that's it! He can get amnesia and then when he asks "who am I" we can say....

I could be a serial killer like Smithy then.

"You are a famous "ramble writer" and you were just about to embark on a month long session of writing your greatest rambles ever...And then we can set him to work catching up on all those "empty promises" Or even better yet...we can say...You are Gary Cooper....or John Wayne... and you hate football...and you just can't stand Grace Kelly....nah...that would just be mean.

I wouldn't want to be Gary Cooper because the gals who like him are trashy. And how could anyone not like Lamby!

And this one's for you (and me :) ):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thEiXbovv98

And this one's for you (and me

Aw Man!!!! Now you had to go and post that one....how am I supposed to be all "Peacemaker" with you when you go and do a thing like that!! What a sweet thing, I mean rotten thing to do! :P

Here I was trying to get tough and offer you a little "encouragement" to hurry up and ramble already...and now I am smiling instead! Oh!! And what's this...my foot is tapping??? You had to go and post that sweet little song... Just when I was about to go out to the shed for that trusty little "Ball Pein Beauty"... Aw man... :-)

Aw Man!!!! Now you had to go and post that one....how am I supposed to be all "Peacemaker" with you when you go and do a thing like that!! What a sweet thing, I mean rotten thing to do!

It's a song that makes me cry, that's why. Even us black hats can cry. Usually, we cry over ourselves. :P

Here I was trying to get tough and offer you a little "encouragement" to hurry up and ramble already...and now I am smiling instead! Oh!! And what's this...my foot is tapping??? You had to go and post that sweet little song... Just when I was about to go out to the shed for that trusty little "Ball Pein Beauty"... Aw man...

I liked your, "aw man." My cousin's daughter says that. :)

Music plays a role in a forthcoming ramble...

informer3.jpg

Music plays a role in a forthcoming ramble...

THAT is going to keep me on the edge of my seat to be sure. I guess that little Ball Pein Beauty can stay out in the shed...at least for now... I will try to give you the benefit of the doubt. :-)

THAT is going to keep me on the edge of my seat to be sure.

Ohh, slide on back. It ain't gonna be that compellin'.

I guess that little Ball Pein Beauty can stay out in the shed...at least for now... I will try to give you the benefit of the doubt.

It was Mulligan!

By the way, I have enoyed the Dan Fogelberg and Alan Parsons Project discussion. I just love it when Chris talks music. He's on it.

And where's the love for Spandau Ballet? I know, 'anything that's "ballet" has to be snobby and snippy.' Oh, how I have learned that. :P

If it's 80s pop, I'm there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYb83KM4at4

> {quote:title=FrankGrimes wrote:}{quote}

>

> It was Mulligan!

>

Oh dear. He watches a movie finally only to get another excuse out of it!

I have a feeling poor Mulligan is going to get blamed for a lot of things in the future. :)

>

> If it's 80s pop, I'm there.

>

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYb83KM4at4

That's one of my mother's favorite songs. I remember when

she found out what it was about was she surprised. :P

>By the way, I have enoyed the Dan Fogelberg and Alan Parsons Project discussion. I just love it when Chris talks music. He's on it.

Thank you. I can't tell you how much that means.

Thanks for posting "The Rainbow Connection." My wife and daughter love that song so when I get time to play the piano at home that is one of those that make an appearance.

"The lovers, the dreamers and me."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHevOVJq2e8&feature=related

Awwwww that's a sweet little song, never heard it before I think. :x

(my gosh, my golly...what WAS little Debbie thinkin with this one'??)

Well I don't know what she was thinking, but I love that 60's 'do! B-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thEiXbovv98

Awwwww Kermit!!! I used to think this was the bestest song in the whole world. Yes, of course I was just a little girl... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYb83KM4at4

The 80's. There's nostalgia of a different kind. :0

It was Mulligan!

Mulligan Shmulligan...tell me another one...

If it's 80s pop, I'm there

So THAT's where you have been spending all your time. No wonder it takes you so long to ramble....

Me: the 80's...

(to name a few) Dan Fogelberg, The Police, Sting, The Doobie Bros. Kansas, The Little River Band, The Eagles, Styx, Pink Floyd, The Alan Parson's Project, Chicago, Eric Clapton, CCR, The Dire Straights, and then....

Message was edited by: rohanaka