Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic: Favorite Music?

Some of the hair in that video will make the ladies jealous

It WAS the 80's :-)

since you brought up "The Doobie Brothers", Michael McDonald. Love him or hate him?

In a word....yes. :-)I don't think I had ever head the song you posted. But I haven't really followed him much. (did you know he was also w/ Steely Dan for a while? I didn't until I just googled him... they are another group I always enjoyed) From what I have heard of McDonald's solo stuff, I can usually take him or leave him (as a solo act)...but I did like some of his songs...probably favorite solo...Sweet Freedom.

Favorite Doobie that "features" his voice:

But my most favorite Doobies would have to be....(and these are just about in order of preference):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFXkvhEhIVQ&feature=related

PS...April..do you prefer the clean shaven or bearded Dan... I like him w/ short hair and the beard the best. :-)

Message was edited by: rohanaka..because I posted the wrong youtube the first time... :-)

Message was edited by: rohanaka

> {quote:title=rohanaka wrote:}{quote}

>

> PS...April..do you prefer the clean shaven or bearded Dan... I like him w/ short hair and the beard the best. :-)

>

Clean shaven with short hair. :)

But he never sported that look, did he? Then I have to take the

beard and short hair. Always, always short hair on guys with me. :)

I had heard McDonald was part of Steely Dan but I couldn't tell you anything about his time there. Steely Dan was not a group I spent much time with.

I've only been a casual listener to The Doobie Brothers but your first pick, "Black Water" was one I just couldn't listen to. I'm not familiar with much except their hits.

One more thing about McDonald is he is featured on a song ("Don't Give Up") on the Contemporary Christian album "Streams." If you don't have it you might check it out as it has some great songs by a variety of artists on it and some wonderful instrumentals to finish it off.

But he never sported that look, did he?

Acutally...

(keeping in mind that "short" is a relative term...this length would look "long" for some)

2004077349.jpg

one for you...

fogelberg_l.jpg

and one for me. :-)

In truth...I tend to prefer shorter hair myself. But some men can carry it off wearing a bit longer hair...what I HATE is long "stringy" hair...but he seemed to have made it through his "stringy" phase early on in his career. :-)

*Hi ButterGirl! Did you finish watching all of the MGM documentary? I'm*

*afraid I didn't catch any of it but I have seen it before. Did they show*

*anymore Greer afterward?*

i didnt get the cnace to, i had to leave to go to a meeting that wasnt even scheduled properly. silly! heehee!i did get to see them talking about MRs. Miniver right before i left, but after that i didnt get to see anymore...i wish i could have, i havent seen any of the 3 parters yet.

Before I go to beddy-bye, do you mind sharing your top five favorite

tunes that make you cry? A happy cry or a sad cry, just whatever

really "gets to you". Chris and Kathy already gave me their excellent

choices and I'm wondering about yours. I know you probably prefer

upbeat stuff, though.

surely! sorry i wasnt here last night dahlink!

i actually do have a few songs that really make me cry and i start crying without even thinking about it. its kind of silly. heehee!

in no particular order:

*"Smile"*~ Josh Groban

*"Believe Again"*~ Delta Goodrem

*"All the Way"*~ Frankie Sinatra

*"Bold as Love"*~ John Mayer

*"My Heart Will Go On"*~ Celine Dion

*"Jesus Take the Wheel"*~ Carrie Underwood

these are the songs for the moment, i have a few others, but yes, i do enjoy songs that make me outrageously happy a wee more. heehee! but these songs have a specific meaning in my life that always just get to me.

how do yall like them?

"Black Water" was one I just couldn't listen to. I'm not familiar with much except their hits.

Black Water IS a bit...cajun sounding. But I love the vocals. All the ones I posted are on one of their greatest hits albums that I used to listen to A LOT. But it has been a very long time.

("Don't Give Up") on the Contemporary Christian album "Streams

Thanks for the tip, I will check it out. :-)

how do yall like them?

Hiya Miss Butterscotch...I have to go find these to answer you (but are they going to make me cry?) :-) The only one I know for sure I am familiar with is the Celine song.

PS...we are taking the kidling out for dinner on her Bday...then this weeked she is going to have a "pizza/bowling party" with 3 of her little friends from scouts... the fun never ends around here. :-)

don't stop now!

Hi Texanna....glad you have enjoyed the youtubes....if I don't stop soon....I may go nuts. I haven't listened to some of this music in nearly 20 years... I am starting to feel like an old fogey just thinking about it. :-)

> don't stop now!

>

> Hi Texanna....glad you have enjoyed the youtubes....if I don't stop soon....I may go nuts. I haven't listened to some of this music in nearly 20 years... I am starting to feel like an old fogey just thinking about it. :-)

oh hi there, missgodess just taught me to do the quote thingee

dont stop on my account, I enjoy them very much

g2g, someone else's turn at computer, talk to you soon

> But he never sported that look, did he?

> Acutally...

>

> (keeping in mind that "short" is a relative term...this length would look "long" for some)

>

> 2004077349.jpg

> one for you...

>

That's OK, though I'd have _hounded_ him to get it cut...

> fogelberg_l.jpg

> and one for me. :-)

>

This one is the best, and he looks a little more rugged, which I prefer.

> {quote:title=butterscotchgreer wrote:}{quote}

>

> in no particular order:

> *"Smile"*~ Josh Groban

> *"Believe Again"*~ Delta Goodrem

> *"All the Way"*~ Frankie Sinatra

> *"Bold as Love"*~ John Mayer

> *"My Heart Will Go On"*~ Celine Dion

> *"Jesus Take the Wheel"*~ Carrie Underwood

>

Is that Charlie Chaplin's "Smile"? If so,

then that and "All the Way" are the only

ones I'm familiar with.

I love both those, by the way.

bonjour dahlink!

Is that Charlie Chaplin's "Smile"? If so,

then that and "All the Way" are the only

ones I'm familiar with.

no its not Charlie's "Smile", but that one should actually be on the list too. heehee! especially the way Judy Garland sings it on her show! oh my goodness! talk about getting emotional! have you seen her sing it dahlink? i started watching all the Judy episodes again and im just loving them all over again....i havent seen them in a while, and i just love singing with her! i especially love singing with Barbra streisand's song on the show, "Down with Love".....i have always loved that song!

http://video.google.com/ThumbnailServer2?app=smh&contentid=715eddc22d23c88a&offsetms=1&itag=w160&sigh=X6pGEz_gBxCg_6WqMAhnvAEM344&h=60&w=80&sigh=__g8E9tBMhyBPJ0ucBCd1xXsqf5ks=

i wonder if maybe we could make another list of our favorite songs instead this time, these songs will be the ones that make us so outrageously happy!

are yall up to it?

hey kathy....i mean...mrs. Quietfan! heehee!

Hiya Miss Butterscotch...I have to go find these to answer you (but are they going to make me cry?) The only one I know for sure I am familiar with is the Celine song.

some of them may, but i didnt list all of them as in they made me cry b/c i get sad whenever i hear them..i listed some of those, b/c they make me so happy that i start crying, just b/c they really get to me. they are all really beautiful songs with powerful lyrics.

PS...we are taking the kidling out for dinner on her Bday...then this weeked she is going to have a "pizza/bowling party" with 3 of her little friends from scouts... the fun never ends around here.

oh how cute! i had one of those with a few of my friends too! heehee! does she like to bowl? with a 6 year old around, im surely the fun never ends...6 year olds are so fun, they never wanna stop doing things. i have a little cousin i spend a lot of time with and she is 6, so i know how you feel... they are the best!

Message was edited by: butterscotchgreer

> {quote:title=butterscotchgreer wrote:}{quote}

> bonjour dahlink!

>

Bonjour!

>

> i wonder if maybe we could make another list of our favorite songs instead this time, these songs will be the ones that make us so outrageously happy!

>

> are yall up to it?

>

Great idea. These are the first that come

to my mind:

1. "Que Sera Sera" - as sung by Doris Day

2. "The Best is Yet to Come" - as sung by Francis Albert Sinatra

3. "I've Got the World on a String" - as sung by Francis Albert Sinatra

4. "Come Fly With Me" - as sung by Francis Albert Sinatra

5. "Jump!" - Van Halen :P

*Great idea. These are the first that come*

*to my mind:*

*1. "Que Sera Sera" - as sung by Doris Day*

*2. "The Best is Yet to Come" - as sung by Francis Albert Sinatra*

*3. "I've Got the World on a String" - as sung by Francis Albert Sinatra*

*4. "Come Fly With Me" - as sung by Francis Albert Sinatra*

*5. "Jump!" - Van Halen*

thats such a cute list dahlink! you have all these cute old songs and then at the end of the list you have Van Halen....i love it!

1) "Down with Love" ~ Barbra Streisand

2) "The Best is Yet to Come" ~ Judy Garland and Liza Minelli

3) "Everybody Loves A Lover" ~ Doris Day

4) "Honeysuckle Rose" ~ Lena Horne

5) "Pocket Full of Sunshine" ~ Natasha Bedingfield

6) "I've got the World on a String" ~ Frankie Sinatra

7) "Anything Goes" ~ Patti Lupone

8) "She's Ma Daisy" ~ Greer in Random Harvest....you know i had to add that one in there. heehee!

9) "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy" ~ Andrews sisters

10) "It's a Good Day" ~ Peggy Lee

honorable mention: "Paper Doll" ~ Lena Horne

I see Frankie's the only boy on your list, so does that mean you

like songs you can sing along to.best? I like Peggy Lee's

"It's a Good Day" as well, and also her version of "Pass Me By"

(the theme song from Cary Grant's Father Goose).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpxKaBLDXDg&feature=PlayList&p=C13BB5FCE8D6F008&playnext=1&index=22

You'll probably find something to like in this thread, one that I like a lot is this one:

This one that April posted is also a lot of fun in a groovy-60's kinda way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpxKaBLDXDg

we are taking the kidling out for dinner on her Bday...then this weeked she is going to have a "pizza/bowling party" with 3 of her little friends from scouts... the fun never ends around here. :-)

That sounds like fun, Kathy, hope you and your family will have a great time. B-)