Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic: Favorite Music?

I grew up listening to the radio since I was an infant and it may have had an effect on me cos i'm musician, and can always guess the trivia on Oldies channels. A friend and my sister told me I should have found a career writing for Spin or Rolling Stone magazine cos I knew songs that were way way before my time. So I like the oldies, nu metal, british invasion, but what I listen to and love the most is Punk Rock music. I'm not to crazy about the bands out now, cos they all sound the same, but my tastes seem to lie in the first wave of Punk Rock (1976-1979). I like bands like The Damned, The Adverts, The Buzzcocks, The Clash, The Ramones, The Dead Boys, New York dolls, Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers, Sex Pistols, The Slits etc... I've been a punk rocker since 1999. Right now i'm really into All-Girl Punk Bands like the one I formed late 1999 early 2000 until tragedy struck the band when my best friend and bass player committed suicide...la la la la la, la la.....

• Like 1

How do you upload a music video?

You just copy/paste the URL as part of your message.

Find the video you want on YT or where ever. highlight the URL in the address bar and then hit CTRL + C. Then when you are posting a message click CTRL + V and the address will appear in your message. When the message is submitted, it will show the video instead of the address.

Sorry if that's not very clear. I'm not the most tech savvy.

• Like 1

How do you upload a music video?

I find I have to be using Google Chrome to embed a video on these boards. I just highlight the URL and right click 'copy', then right click 'paste' when transferring it here.

If I'm using Explorer (now called Edge on Windows 10) it just posts a link - no embedment.

• Like 1

Just for fun, connect the dots. We could imagine this is a film ( a pretty bad one), in which the first half of the story is this:

....but the chick changes her mind, falls in love with the guy, and next thing you know she's begging him this:

Come to think of it, that Eric is kind of cute. I could imagine making this request of him. (I'm talking circa 1974.)

• Like 3

You just copy/paste the URL as part of your message.

Find the video you want on YT or where ever. highlight the URL in the address bar and then hit CTRL + C. Then when you are posting a message click CTRL + V and the address will appear in your message. When the message is submitted, it will show the video instead of the address.

Sorry if that's not very clear. I'm not the most tech savvy.

No!!! no...you've been a great help! Is there an icon on the toolbar where I have to enter the URL or do I just do it within the message?

No!!! no...you've been a great help! Is there an icon on the toolbar where I have to enter the URL or do I just do it within the message?

I just paste it into the message. I use a Windows laptop, with Chrome browser.

• Like 1

I may sound a little different but lately I have made a unique discovery. In the last year or so I have become interested in R&R music of the 50's and 60's again. I loved it as a kid growing up in the 50's and 60's, and it is even more impressive now, as I have discovered more great R&R harmony on You TUbe. A fellow collector has posted 10 CDs of a medley of R&R music which he has entitled "ECHO IN THE HALLS." What is especially neat is that I have never heard 80% of them before and that is pretty good. I have been an R&R enthusiast since I was a kid. Too bad this guy did not list his e-mail address as it would be great to have a list of R&R titles from his list. THat said, I love to revisit the site now and then and enjoy the medleys he has posted.

I grew up listening to the radio since I was an infant and it may have had an effect on me cos i'm musician, and can always guess the trivia on Oldies channels. A friend and my sister told me I should have found a career writing for Spin or Rolling Stone magazine cos I knew songs that were way way before my time. So I like the oldies, nu metal, british invasion, but what I listen to and love the most is Punk Rock music. I'm not to crazy about the bands out now, cos they all sound the same, but my tastes seem to lie in the first wave of Punk Rock (1976-1979). I like bands like The Damned, The Adverts, The Buzzcocks, The Clash, The Ramones, The Dead Boys, New York dolls, Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers, Sex Pistols, The Slits etc... I've been a punk rocker since 1999. Right now i'm really into All-Girl Punk Bands like the one I formed late 1999 early 2000 until tragedy struck the band when my best friend and bass player committed suicide...la la la la la, la la.....

I love R&R too and can relate. The 1910 Fruit Gum Co. had some hits when I was still in H.S. IT's fun to enjoy varied moods and groups. In the summer of '66 when I was 15 and my sister 18, we went to see the Rolling Stones at the L.A. Sports Arena. IT was fun nearly meeting Mick Jagger in person. AT the end of the concert, he beckoned me to come forward, I had an autograph book and started for the stage. At the crucial moment, someone knocked me down (inadvertently, I hope) and by the time my sister had pulled me to my feet, it was too late. WE were just in time to wave to the Stones driving away in their Limo. THey gave out thousands of LP's entitled December's Children at the concert. We figured out that the Stones had to hurry and get into the car, or be stampeded by all of those girls - and I was one of them! (Come to think of it, Mick had a definitely frightened look as he threw down his guitar at the end of the concert.) Unforgettable experience.

Omigod I love this album. I somehow ended up with 3 copies of this. As soon as I bought this CD I played every song on it twice, and knew the words. Sigh...the good old days...

It is a wonderful album, as are the others, but I still have only the one CD.