Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic: Favorite Music?

Wow, this thread has been busy since I've been away. I have some catching up to do.

In the meantime, here's a song I always like to post "in the summertime". It's almost too late, but not quite (since today's the last day of August...)  Not too late to do a little lazing on a Sunny Afternoon. 

ps: Anyone here seen "Pirate Radio", also known as "The Boat that Rocked" ? Quite a fun movie, plus it's got the wonderful and much missed Philip Seymour Hoffman in it. 

• Like 2

Wow, this thread has been busy since I've been away. I have some catching up to do.

In the meantime, here's a song I always like to post "in the summertime". It's almost too late, but not quite (since today's the last day of August...)  Not too late to do a little lazing on a Sunny Afternoon. 

ps: Anyone here seen "Pirate Radio", also known as "The Boat that Rocked" ? Quite a fun movie, plus it's got the wonderful and much missed Philip Seymour Hoffman in it. 

Lazing? With all the construction, and the setting up of the Welcome America Music Festival at my doorstep. there will be no lazing around here.

What "Welcome America Music Festival" is that? Please explain. It sounds interesting.

I believe that's the name. They've had it every labor day weekend for the past few years. They get about 50.000 people, mostly from out of town. Three days worth of acts in a few genres. Mostly an under-25 crowd.

I believe that's the name. They've had it every labor day weekend for the past few years. They get about 50.000 people, mostly from out of town. Three days worth of acts in a few genres. Mostly an under-25 crowd.

It's actually called the "Made in America" Music Festival.

Here is a sweet melody ( "It was the sweetest melody....") by the great Duke Ellington, sung with style by Rosemary Clooney. Her phrasing in this is impeccable, and the Duke's band is swinging right behind her. Lovely little number.

She's just great.  Not to mention her wonderful '50s gowns.  The other night I heard some of her songs on a PBS pledge drive--must have a look for them.

• Like 1

I'm in awe of his ability to sing so many lyrics without missing a beat.  

Georgie Fame and the Blue Flames:

Two of my favorites in music used to play in his band, but not at the same time I think.

Jazz "fusion" guitarist JOHN McLAUGHLIN and MITCH MITCHELL( drummer for JIMI HENDRIX).  "Yeh Yeh" is STILL high on my list of favorite songs.  :)

Sepiatone

• Like 2