Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MissGoddess

Off Topic: Favorite Music?

To me The Smithereens were always the poster children, in a good way,

for power pop. So many fine songs. R.I.P.

• Like 2

R.I.P. Ray Thomas (1941-2018) - multi-instrumentalist, vocalist and song writer, The Moody Blues. Thomas was especially proficient with the flute, and along with Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson, he was considered rock's premiere flautist. His death comes just a few months shy of his being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

• Like 1

This is probably my favorite LP ever, and  my favorite piece from it.  a 1974 release.

John McLaughlin is a most amazing guitarist.  And that's JEAN LUC PONTY on electric violin, with Detroit boy(and 17 years old at the time) RALPHE ARMSTRONG on bass.  Take the time to listen.  It won't disappoint. ;)

Sepatone

In another forum I mentioned I discovered a "long-lost" CD reissue of this LP containing the following favorite track.(though a few years older, we share a birthday)

Sepiatone

I thought I had posted this the other day in response to DB's post of the Del Shannon "cover" by ELO, but don't see it anywhere...

So I'll try again.

• Like 2

R.I.P. Nokie Edwards (1935-2018) lead guitarist, bassist with The Ventures, inductee into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

• Like 1

The very first - and one of the very few - "live" albums I ever bought was in 1965.

The Ventures On Stage

Awesome album.

I'm sort of an odd duck. I can go from classical to heavy metal. With bluegrass, swing, 60's, 70's and 80's in between, add in the Stones, Clapton, the Bee Gees, and then I'll swing wildly to today's music to Imagine Dragons, I love the Darkness, some Kaleo, then back to Queen, Aerosmith, then I'll be listening to old country like Hank Williams, Sr.  the next day. I can't be pinned down. I may be listening to 80's new wave tomorrow, or Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin. I used to have a record collection of over 10,000. So who knows? :)

• Like 1

On 10/6/2017 at 4:37 AM, TheGayDivorcee said:

Yet another musician gone too soon, Tom Petty at age 66.  Hard to choose a song, but this has always been a favorite.  I like how he had smiles or cute exchanges with the Heartbreakers.

Tom Petty, 1950 - 2017.

He was one of my favorites too. That was a sad day for me.

• Like 1