Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MissGoddess

Off Topic: Favorite Music?

I've seen this group live several times in the 70's and they were always excellent.

Thanks for the dedications Jackie! :)

This is completely down another a road, but being a Virginia boy, there is a certain "feeling of the ages" when listening to the pure raw country of these guys. Unfortunately I couldn't find some of their best stuff on youtube.

Get out your hankies and bourbon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHio-0Z7yKg&feature=related

I love this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oUEqIMY8BM

I love the Carter Family, molo. I grew up in Oklahoma, and really hated the country and western music of my growing up years, but as I get older, I discovered that I really like classic country and bluegrass. Give me a woman and a lone guitar or autoharp and I am pretty happy....

Get another shot of bourbon and your box of kleenex for these two.

Sorry for the obnoxious intro and chopped ending here:

Dolly's is still my favorite version of this song:

I love every genre of music. From The Glenn Miller Orchestra to 3 Doors Down, I love them all. I must say though...nothing beats sitting down and listening to Moonlight Serenade.

> {quote:title=Weena wrote:}{quote}

> I love every genre of music. From The Glenn Miller Orchestra to 3 Doors Down, I love them all. I must say though...nothing beats sitting down and listening to Moonlight Serenade.

:)

Hi Weena,

I love "Moonlight Serenade", too---that is a tune that immediately soothes and puts

me at ease. imagine being around, perhaps dating someone when this tune was first

recorded and played at parties and supper clubs. Sigh. What fun that must have been.

By the way, is your screen name after Yvette Mimieux in The Time Machine?

> {quote:title=movieman1957 wrote:}{quote}

> Since i brought up The Monkees somewhere else here is one of my faves:

>

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YeC37A6MDc

Hi Chris!

That was a "new" one for me. They sure had a groovy sound.

Here's that British duo that were on "The Dick Van Dyke Show". I had no idea

they were a real singing group, lol:

I couldn't tell you much about Chad and Jeremy except that they had good harmony and a nice sound. Now, The Letterman are a group of guys that specialized in wonderful harmonies.

That's funny. It sure looked like 5000 screaming kids at the opening. My favorite Newmar role (which I can't seem to find) is she played a girl at the laundry that each of The Monkees fell in love with and tried to woo her over the 25 minutes of the episode.

> That's funny. It sure looked like 5000 screaming kids at the opening. My favorite Newmar role (which I can't seem to find) is she played a girl at the laundry that each of The Monkees fell in love with and tried to woo her over the 25 minutes of the episode.

Sounds like the "Monkees Get Out More Dirt" episode from the first season, with Julie Newmar as "April Conquest":

> I couldn't tell you much about Chad and Jeremy except that they had good harmony and a nice sound. Now, The Letterman are a group of guys that specialized in wonderful harmonies.

I'm starting to familiarize myself with The Lettermen. Some of their harmonies are really lovely...

> {quote:title=MissGoddess wrote:}{quote}

> >

> :)

>

> Hi Weena,

>

> I love "Moonlight Serenade", too---that is a tune that immediately soothes and puts

> me at ease. imagine being around, perhaps dating someone when this tune was first

> recorded and played at parties and supper clubs. Sigh. What fun that must have been.

>

> By the way, is your screen name after Yvette Mimieux in The Time Machine?

Hi!

I can imagine what it must have been like to slow-dance with your love to that song. It is utterly beautiful - if I believed in reincarnation, I would think I was the age I am now (20) in the 1950s.

Yes, my screen name is taken from the lovely Yvette Mimieux in The Time Machine. Science fiction is one of my favorite genres and the movie is fantastic!

> Thanks for finding the clip I couldn't.

Glad to be of help! You probably already know this, but that episode is also available on DVD from Netflix. :)

What about the harmonies of THE BEACH BOYS or THE FOUR SEASONS? I went to concert out in Coney Island three years ago to listen to Frankie Valli and (the new version) of The Four Seasons. And my god...they are tight. The only song they neglected to sing to really make it paradise for me, was "RONNIE" my favorite song of all time. So the concert was just Shangri-la.