Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MissGoddess

Off Topic: Favorite Music?

i love movies about ballet too april!!

White Nights is one of my favs from the eighties. it is where i first saw Helen Mirren, and i love her in everything! White Nights is a very emotional movie with exquisite music scores!! yet another soundtrack i love! the Truning Point was pretty good too, and i like The Red Shoes, not as much as White Nights, but then again they are totally different. i like The Unfinished Dance and i really want to see The Men in Her Life, which is loretta young and is suppose to be real good.

what happened to your knee? i hope it wasnt too bad. i love going to the gym. i get a good workout and i get to rock climb/boulder with my daddy all the time! i love that especially. its so fun! you should try it sometime.

Oh my that's so cute!!! Where can I get my *Stephen Fry* alarm clock???? I dream of being awakened like that---and served a bountious (is that word?) breakfast in bed every day (but not before noon).

I haven't seen *White Nights* in a long time now that we mention it. I think I'll add it to my Netflix "Queue", I may even buy it. I don't think I've seen The Unfinished Dance....is *The Men in Her Life* about ballet, too? I've heard of it.

I broke my knee in a trip and fall accident at Grand Central Station during rush hour. I always make sure I stage these things in the most populated locations. ;)

I'm sorry, ButterscotchGreer- here i go butting into your conversation about ballet, and then you can't even listen to the link I posted!

The first one said:

"Good morning, Madam. I've drawn a bath for you, the room has been scented, your breakfast is being prepared by cook, fresh flowers have been placed in all the reception rooms, and the water for yesterday's flowers has been changed. The house awaits your arrival, Madam."

The second said:

" Good morning, Madam. A gentleman calling himself Mr. Cruise wishes to talk to you. He is looking for someone to accompany him to something called the Oscars ceremony this year. He has banged his somewhat obtrusive nose on the door I fear..."

we wouldnt have to get up to do everything anymore. how wonderful! i wonder if frankie would consider the job. heehee!

Oh no!! I will then have to make sure we invite The Rifleman as security guard to keep an eye on him in case he steals the Devil's Food cake. We know he won't steal the silver because wolf men hate anything silver. :D

I called Central Casting and these gentlemen are available, in case your wienie, I mean frankfurter, declines the honor:

John Gielgud

Arthur Treacher

C. Aubrey Smith

Reginald Owen

James Mason

Stephen Fry is now an international celebrity and now only plays a butler on TV.

If I have my choice, this is the only Butler I'd have in my house:

gonewiththewind10-1.jpg

You aren't butting in, Jackie, you are always invited to our impromptu tea parties! :)

Recently watched the whole series of "Jeeves and Wooster." It was a great deal of fun. I'm getting "A Bit of Fry and Laurie" to run through now. A variety type of show. You better have a taste for British humor or it won't be much fun.

In keeping with our music thread Hugh Laurie does play the piano somtimes.

MissGoddess, you can find the Good Morning, Madam alarm clock here

http://voco.uk.com/demo.php?version=gmm&country=UK

for a ridiculously high price, but I imagine you might find it less expensive if you look around on the net. I had never heard of it, but my sister apparently got one for Valentine's day, lucky girl....

Nice choice of Butler!

I like this one:

Photobucket

Photobucket

I would love to hear more of Hugh Laurie's piano playing- he seems quite an accomplished jazz pianist.

He was also in Sense and Sensibility, which has some lovely music in it...

sweet april!!

I haven't seen White Nights in a long time now that we mention it. I think I'll add it to my Netflix "Queue", I may even buy it. I don't think I've seen The Unfinished Dance....is The Men in Her Life about ballet, too? I've heard of it.

the first time i saw White Nights i was really touched and had to record it the last itme it was on TV. please do get it on Netflix. then we can watch it together. heehee! i cried a lot though.

The unfinished Dance is an okay one, i dont like it too much, simply b/c cyd charise is in it and i dont like her all that much. i just lvoe margaret o'brien though, so i dont really mind watching it. i like cyd in The Harvey Girls though.

The Men in Her Life, i really want to see. loretta young is suppose to be a ballet dancer and it looks real cute!

I broke my knee in a trip and fall accident at Grand Central Station during rush hour. I always make sure I stage these things in the most populated locations.

oooh that sounds painful! im sure that wasnt too fun of a day for you. how did you do it in rush hour? were you being pushed around too much.

hey jackie!

you cant interrupt anything. i love chatting with everyone. heehee!

those clips sound cute! i cant wait to hear them! thanks for letting me know.

Oh no!! I will then have to make sure we invite The Rifleman as security guard to keep an eye on him in case he steals the Devil's Food cake. We know he won't steal the silver because wolf men hate anything silver.

maybe youre right about that one. he might slip the devil's food cake into a bag and slip it out the door without us knowing about it. heehee!

I called Central Casting and these gentlemen are available, in case your wienie, I mean frankfurter, declines the honor:

John Gielgud

Arthur Treacher

C. Aubrey Smith

Reginald Owen

James Mason

thats so funny you should say those guys, b/c james mason is the first one that popped into my head when you said central casting for butlers. heehee! all those guys would be a great butler. i always thought william powell and michael wilding would be great butlers too. they just look it too much. :)

If I have my choice, this is the only Butler I'd have in my house:

i bet you would love clark to wait on you hand and foot. heehee! i would love gary to wait on me hand and foot, but i dont think he would make a very good butler. i cant picture him that way for some reason. heehee!

although when you look at him from this angle, i wouldnt mind one bit!!

P64020-20Gary20Cooper.jpg

Jackie: That clock makes a cute gift!

Chris: Hugh Laurie always had me in stitches when he did "Black Adder" with Rowan Atkinson. I just can't get used to his recent incarnation as "House".

And let's not forget *Waterloo Bridge* in which my darling Viv plays a ballerina.

Viv6.jpg

i would love gary to wait on me hand and foot, but i dont think he would make a very good butler. i cant picture him that way for some reason. heehee!

I don't know, Coop did alright serving Barbara Stanwyck breakfast in bed in Ball of Fire!

Bonjour, Danseuse ?toile -- Excuuuuuse me! I know you aren't talking about

ME. My legs are very long as any ballet dancer's must be!

Maybe for a little person.

I broke my knee in a trip and fall accident at Grand Central Station during rush

hour. I always make sure I stage these things in the most populated locations.

How GRACEful, Little Ballerina. I bet if your legs were longer you wouldn't have

tripped and fell.

Hola, Jackie -- Oh Frankie, I love you!

Such a wonderful greeting! I'm used to much different kinds of greetings from others or no

greetings at all. :P

You are right. Brian Wilson can be a little scary!

:D Funny girl!

I just loved your selection of Beach Boys and Monkees songs. I hope you

actually like them, because you picked out two of the best songs of all time-

God Only Knows and Wouldn't it be Nice.

The Beach Boys are my favorite artist from the 60s and the two songs I chose are

my two favorite from them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_KY_d9MQv8&feature=related

Do you have the Pet Sounds box set? There is a track of God Only Knows in

which the boys sing the ending a capella, it literally sends a thrill down my spine

every time I hear it. How anyone could sing so beautifully I don't know.

I don't have have any Beach Boys CDs. My music is actually 80s and rap. That's

what I listen to. It's also why I tease Butterscotch and Miss G about my bad taste

in music. They both know my musical "tastes," especially the Greer girl.

Did you know Brian was deaf in one ear? and he still arranged all those harmonies

perfectly.

I didn't know that. Brian was a mad genius, that's for sure. I like him.

The Monkees? Great when I was five and still great .... now. Whew. Almost slipped

and let my age be known.

No need to worry about that age.

I was introduced to the Monkees in the mid-80s thanks to MTV. I used to watch the

show and I ended up liking their music. I'm very poppy when it comes to music...

except rap, although rap is now much more poppy than it was when I was very

into it. The Monkees are my second favorite group from the 60s.

I have to say that Grace Kelly is also one of my least favorite actresses....

Message was edited by: JackFavell

Keep editing. Or would you like me to edit your post for you?

I have to say that Grace Kelly is also one of my most favorite actresses....

Message was edited by: JackFavell (via FrankGrimes)

Hiya, Grace's Second Biggest Fan! -- see frankie! jackfavell knows what

she is talking about!!!! heehee!

thank you!

You're welcome! I thought you would agree with her re-edited post.

I'll get back at you later. And, like I told you, you've got the Ballerina in a race; she's

wounded.

I was introduced to the Monkees in the mid-80s thanks to MTV. I used to watch the

show and I ended up liking their music. I'm very poppy when it comes to music...

except rap, although rap is now much more poppy than it was when I was very

into it. The Monkees are my second favorite group from the 60s.

As someone who was the right age when they came on TV I still have a fondness for The Monkees. Still have all the original albums (vinyl.) I enjoyed Nesmith's tunes but my favorite was "Pleasant Valley Sunday." Up until about five years ago I could hit those high notes in the background at the end near the fade-out.

Never did enjoy the Beach Boys. I was too busy listening to The Beatles.

oh jackie and frankie! i love the Monkees! i used to be so fascinated with their show when i was littler!!!! i havent seen them on tv in a couple years though. i have many of their albums!!!! sorry, i didnt mean to interrrupt your conversation. heehee!

You're welcome! I thought you would agree with her re-edited post.

I'll get back at you later. And, like I told you, you've got the Ballerina in a race; she's

wounded.

heehee! very cute frankie. would it be any consolation to say that we ALL love you too? its quite true you know darlin'. we only pick on you, well b/c you picked on us first, but b/c we love you too. ;)

I don't know, Coop did alright serving Barbara Stanwyck breakfast in bed in Ball of Fire!

you present a point april! a very good point! i wasnt thinking about Ball of Fire. shame on me. heehee! well...............could he wait on me? im puppy dog pouting.....i wonder if gary can see me.

Hey there, Chris! -- You and Dewey sure love your music.

As someone who was the right age when they came on TV I still have a

fondness for The Monkees. Still have all the original albums (vinyl.) I enjoyed

Nesmith's tunes but my favorite was "Pleasant Valley Sunday." Up until about

five years ago I could hit those high notes in the background at the end near

the fade-out.

Wow! I'm not hitting any kind of high notes... at any age.

Never did enjoy the Beach Boys. I was too busy listening to The Beatles.

That's what I usually hear. Most everyone loves The Beatles. I like them as well,

but I prefer to relax to The Beach Boys or The Monkees . I'm so pop-minded when

it comes to music unless it's rap.

wow! thank you frankeifurter for posting that. i love "pleasant valley sunday"!!!!! i love any Monkees song though. by the way i liked the Peter Gabriel Video. i didnt know you liked "in your eyes" so much. i think that is so sweet!!! everytime i hear this song i see john cusack holding up that radio outside **** skye's window in Say Anything. that is just one of the most romantic scenes, i love it!! i actually dont like that movie, except for that part. heehee! but it is one of my daddy's favorite chick flicks, so i watch it with him sometimes.

Frank:

Thanks for the video. It's still a cool song.

I was listening to "So" this week. I think "Red Rain" is the best song on the album. "Big Time" is fun as well. It's the only Gabriel album I have though.

Hi, ButlerscottchGreer -- heehee! very cute frankie. would it be any consolation to say that we ALL love you too? its quite true you know darlin'. we only pick on you, well b/c you picked on us first, but b/c we love you too.

Uh-huh. Sure. Here's a prime example of such love:

Oh no!! I will then have to make sure we invite The Rifleman as security guard to keep an eye on him in case he steals the Devil's Food cake. We know he won't steal the silver because wolf men hate anything silver.

I'm a thief and a wienie, and you only wish me to serve you. Ahhh, love is in the air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FntY5VFs_I&feature=related

wow! thank you frankeifurter for posting that. i love "pleasant valley sunday"!!!!! i love any Monkees song though.

I'm pretty much the same.

by the way i liked the Peter Gabriel Video. i didnt know you liked "in your eyes" so much. i think that is so sweet!!! everytime i hear this song i see john cusack holding up that radio outside **** skye's window in Say Anything. that is just one of the most romantic scenes, i love it!!

It's an 80s song from an 80s film, so you know I'm probably going to like it.

i actually dont like that movie, except for that part. heehee! but it is one of my daddy's favorite chick flicks, so i watch it with him sometimes.

:D

Hey, Chris -- Thanks for the video. It's still a cool song.

I definitely agree.

I was listening to "So" this week. I think "Red Rain" is the best song on the album. "Big Time" is fun as well. It's the only Gabriel album I have though.

Red Rain is a very good song. In Your Eyes is my favorite Gabriel song, but I like the early-80s Gabriel after that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oaSZxd9jOY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz-qeJOo7cs

My favorite Beatles song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vAqekT-GuA