Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MissGoddess

Off Topic: Favorite Music?

I love "Arthur's Theme"---poor Dudley Moore. He was so talented. I love the Monkees, too. My favorite song is "I'm a Believer".

I love the Beatles, George is my favorite, I love everything George ever did, I love the Beach Boys and the Monkees, and Peter Gabriel, including his early Genesis stuff. There are very few other bands that I like enough to listen to every song they ever made. The Band, maybe.

Eighties pop, eh, Frank?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0A7dtdc-nU

I don't think it's your computer, Jackie---it's this site. It's acted up like this before. I've had problems accessing threads for the last few hours.

I like lots of songs from the 1980s, too, but I found this internet radio station I now listen to at work that plays all these songs from the 1970s and I'm really becoming fond of them. I never used to like 70s music. This is "soft rock", though, not the hard stuff. I love *Roberta Flack* and she had many hits in the 70s and early 80s. Her song for Clint Eastwood's *Play Misty For Me* ("The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face") is one of my all time favorites. And, as Butterscotch mentioned, the Carpenters were great, too. "Brandie" is another one I like, from some one-hit wonder band I've forgotten the name of. I love that song because it tells a story.

One of my favorite songs "Brandy." Listen, what station is this internet radio??? I need something to pull me out of the misery that is my job. Killing me softly!!!!

I love Roberta Flack, and had her "Best of" album back when I was a kid.

As a friend of mine says: Everybody likes the Carpenters, but not everyone will admit it.

The early seventies was a great time for music as far as I am concerned, with a lot of folk music and singer songwriters coming to the fore. Again, I think of George Harrison, Cat Stevens, Harry Nilsson, James Taylor, Carly Simon, and Carole King, Paul Simon, etc. Fairport Convention and Yes are also favorites of mine.

Brandy....by "Looking Glass". I got it a few years ago on "The Very Brady Christmas" soundtrack!

It was the only place I could find it!.

Hi CM! When I get to work on Tuesday I'll post the link to that internet radio station.

Micketeeze---Yes! "Looking Glass" was the group. I have a "Best of the 1970s" cd that has the song on it as well. I listen to that song over and over.

Jackie---"Everyone likes The Carpenters but won't admit it." --- Yup!

>Everybody likes the Carpenters, but not everyone will admit it.

Karen had a voice of silk and Richard a gift for arrangement. Unfortunately, the material became weak after some time. When it was good it was very good.

One of my favorite songs was "A Song For You."

Hiya, Jackie! -- I love the Beatles, George is my favorite, I love everything George ever did,

George is numero uno for you, eh? I like your style.

I love the Beach Boys and the Monkees, and Peter Gabriel, including his early Genesis stuff. There are very few other bands that I like enough to listen to every song they ever made. The Band, maybe.

I've always been a singles over album kinda of music listener. This speaks to my "poppiness." I'm a "mix tapes" kind of guy. I prefer variety. I guess this is why I lack focus. I drift all over the place, be it film, music, whatever.

Eighties pop, eh, Frank?

That was excellent! I actually liked the song and I loved the video. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj8a8IY60hU

Hi, Mickeeteeze! -- Brandy....by "Looking Glass". I got it a few years ago on "The Very Brady Christmas" soundtrack! It was the only place I could find it!.

I'm sorry, but that just killed me... and not softly. Too funny.

Bonjour, Missy G! -- I love "Arthur's Theme"---poor Dudley Moore. He was so talented.

I also like Dudley Moore.

I love the Monkees, too. My favorite song is "I'm a Believer".

That's my second favorite of theirs. Yes, their two biggest singles are my favorites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VUqgZ-kl-Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI7gzXz1cHo

Butterscotchy knows my 70s tastes. I need dance music to move me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8XVJx5bjrI

I've always been attracted to soul music (of all eras) and this guy is one of the greatest ever:

Butterscotchy knows my 70s tastes. I need dance music to move me.

yes i can just see it now, frankie doing the john travolta disco move. heehee! what a sight!!

Uh-huh. Sure. Here's a prime example of such love:

Oh no!! I will then have to make sure we invite The Rifleman as security guard to keep an eye on him in case he steals the Devil's Food cake. We know he won't steal the silver because wolf men hate anything silver.

I called Central Casting and these gentlemen are available, in case your wienie, I mean frankfurter, declines the honor:

I'm a thief and a wienie, and you only wish me to serve you. Ahhh, love is in the air.

i know, cant you just feel the love? im feelin' it, i dunno about you. ;)

It's an 80s song from an 80s film, so you know I'm probably going to like it.

yes i know frankie, do you like Tears for Fears' "everybody wants to rule the world"? i keep wanting to call it the popcorn song, b/c i have been watching it at the end of the movie, Real Genius since i can remember. you know, with all the popcorn shooting out of that house? its so funny! anyway, i love all Tears for Fears songs!!

how about ELO?

ELO? Great band. Jeff Lynne wrote some interesting music and made it more interesting to listen to. He is a unique talent.

My favorite albums are "Eldorado" and "Out Of The Blue."

Wow, you haven't lived until you've watched Quo Vadis? (muted) to the Monkees! :D

Thanks for the links, Frank. I used to like the 60s "soul" music, too, but not so much anymore. I used to know all the singers and bands and their hits. I liked Gladys Knight alot because she really has a voice, and I like The Supremes because they had a sound (producers) and style. Gladys Knight---and not Bette Midler---sings the best version of "Wind Beneath My Wings".

Gladys Knight is awesome. Her raggedy edged, smoky voice is one of my favorites, too.

Mavis Staples of the Staple Singers is my favorite of that time period, though. As far as women's voices go, I like Nina Simone and Joan Armatrading, and you already know my love for Ella. Deep, powerful strong sounding women. Love it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLHwWrhN7DQ

Joan Armatrading...my friend is the man who discovered and signed her when he was chairman of A&M in the U.K. I never would have heard of her, otherwise. For some reason she isn't mentioned much.

I think she scares people a little, her voice is so low. And she is British, so not so high profile here, maybe? I just love her though.

ELO? Great band. Jeff Lynne wrote some interesting music and made it more interesting to listen to. He is a unique talent.

My favorite albums are "Eldorado" and "Out Of The Blue."

i love those albums!! i love their song, "mr. blue sky", especially. i have grown more partial to their "Out of the Blue" album too.

they just had this very unique sound that noone else had. its so awesome!

has anyone heard of the Cranberries? i love this band, and it is part of out traveling music. everytime i hear their songs i see mountains off in the distance. heehee!

Wow, you haven't lived until you've watched Quo Vadis? (muted) to the Monkees!

wow! i have to try that! im gonna stick that DVD in again and start it from the beginning now to my Monkees cd. this is gonns be so fun!!

by the way, goodmorning dahlink! im on my second cuppa tea! heehee!

I really like The Cranberries too! They sound so Celtic. I always feel the same as you, Butterscotch, like sweet cool air from the highlands is all around ...

I really can't write here anymore, because we will be all over the place, from John Denver to Coleman Hawkins to XTC to Jimi Hendrix to Medeski Martin and Woods!

I have no taste at all. I like to think I am eclectic, but really I just like everything...I would do better to tell what I DON'T like...

wow! i have to try that! im gonna stick that DVD in again and start it from the beginning now to my Monkees cd. this is gonns be so fun!!

Be careful. BTW you're going to need more than one CD.

i love the Cranberries. i can really sing to them, and they have such a beautiful sound! im glad you agree jackie! dont they thoug? i always see snowy covered mountains off in the distance, b/c we always listen to them when traveling to Colorado to go skiing and when the mountains show up, we always pop them in the cd player. heehee!

no dont go away jackie! its too much fun here!

Hmmmm...I can hear it now. The Monkees' "I'm A Believer" while the lion is in the stadium with lovely Deborah Kerr and the lovelier Buddy Baer.