Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MovieMadness

Where Is Barack Obama?

'Shambolic,' 'mean spirited': Obama, in first 2020 event with Biden, rips Trump

Former President Barack Obama made the comments at an online grassroots fundraiser for the Biden campaign — their first campaign event together of the 2020 cycle.

“......What we have seen over the last couple of years is a White House enabled by Republicans in Congress and a media structure that supports them that has not just differed in terms of policy but has gone at the very foundations of who we are and who we should be," Obama said.

"That suggests facts don’t matter, science doesn’t matter, that suggests a deadly disease is fake news," he added, making a veiled reference to Trump’s comments in February that the coronavirus pandemic was a “hoax.”

“That actively promotes division. And that considers some American in this country more real than others,” Obama continued. “That, we haven’t seen out of the White House in a very long time.”.....

“............There's nobody that I trust more to heal this country and get it back on track than my dear friend Joe Biden.”

But, Obama warned, Democratic voters must not take the race for granted just because Biden is currently leading Trump in the polls.

"We can't be complacent or smug or sense that somehow it's so obvious that this president hasn't done a good job because,

look, he won once," Obama said.

"This is serious business," he added at another point. "Whatever you've done so far is not enough."............

My Statement on the Passing of Rep. John Lewis

Barack Obama

"................John Lewis — one of the original Freedom Riders, chairman of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee, the youngest speaker at the March on Washington, leader of the march from Selma to Montgomery, Member of Congress representing the people of Georgia for 33 years — not only assumed that responsibility, he made it his life’s work. He loved this country so much that he risked his life and his blood so that it might live up to its promise. And through the decades, he not only gave all of himself to the cause of freedom and justice, but inspired generations that followed to try to live up to his example.

.......I.n so many ways, John’s life was exceptional. But he never believed that what he did was more than any citizen of this country might do. He believed that in all of us, there exists the capacity for great courage, a longing to do what’s right, a willingness to love all people, and to extend to them their God-given rights to dignity and respect. And it’s because he saw the best in all of us that he will continue, even in his passing, to serve as a beacon in that long journey towards a more perfect union. .........

.....Not many of us get to live to see our own legacy play out in such a meaningful, remarkable way. John Lewis did. And thanks to him, we now all have our marching orders — to keep believing in the possibility of remaking this country we love until it lives up to its full promise."

8 hours ago, jakeem said:

8 hours ago, jakeem said:

TQxxSehL_bigger.jpg

One of my favorite memories from a long, remarkable journey—an unforgettable, historic speech that launched @BarackObama, then a little known state senator, on a rocket ride to the presidency. I still think many Americans yearn for that sense of connectedness and community,

9:56 AM · Jul 27, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Despite all the racism, misogyny and hatred being hurled at the American people from the Oval Office today--

I believe that the majority of Americans want a President Who is dedicated to Bringing all citizens together, having respect for all citizens and having an inclusive political agenda--

Rather than trying to deny civil rights or Humanity to some groups of American citizens.

No one group in America has a copyright on being an American.

All citizens are Americans and are equally considered so under the US Constitution.

• Like 1

'Must-Watch' Obama Eulogy for John Lewis Includes Powerful Call for Americans to Rise Up for Voting Rights

"That seemed to me to be the most explicitly political Obama has been in his post-presidency."

- Obama called for:

-restoring Voting Rights Act -automatic voter registration -restoring voting rights to ex-offenders -expanding early voting -making Election Day holiday -equal representation for DC/Puerto Rico -ending gerrymandering -eliminating filibuster