Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Rainy Day movies

dsclassic

I made this thread to talk about movies that we like to watch during a rainy day, severe thunderstorm , etc

I was inspired that it rained all day here in SF to the point of flood alerts...it literally rained all day, and it will all weekend

If it wasn't for my wife, Id watch movies in the dark with candle light, which is more fun when it rains (plus it saves electricity & its peaceful) , she says its too dark for her..

Phooey

Anyway I love a good horror movie in the rain...usually a black & white classic.....watching Frankenstein while its raining outside is a religious experience as is watching some Zombie movie..

Or a movie where there is pouring rain..like Old Dark House..

I tried to watch The Rains Came...ZZZZZZ

I LOVE threads like this.

I can certainly see why you'd pick movies like "Frankenstein" for storm watching...it's almost like you're wrapped in special effects.

Myself, my favorite rainy-day movies are the cuddly down-homes ones. My endlessly-stated all-time fave "Meet Me in St. Louis" heads the list, but I might need to pop in "Frankenstein" next time.

I have a definite favorite CD to listen to on a rainy Sunday: Billie Holiday's "Lady in Satin."

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings