Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FYI: I am named after a classic movie star.

kimpunkrock

One of the things that did not make it to the final cut of the TCM fanatic piece was me talking about who I am named after.

My parents expected a boy so they did not have a female name picked out for me. So when I was born they had to come up with a name. Since my mom felt bad for my Dad's sake that I was not a boy, she let him pick the name.

He choose Kim after his favorite actress that he had a big crush on: Kim Novak. I know that Kim is not her real name, but it was "Kim" that my dad fell for, not Marilyn.

Kim Novak is one of the only famous people that I want to meet. I love all of her films, Picnic and Bell Book and Candle being my favorites.

So you could say I was born to be a classic film fanatic.

I have a rather long Italian surname. My mom was looking for girls' names (I was to be named after my grandfather if I were a boy) that were somewhat shorter and easier to spell. She was watching a movie with Diana Lynn, and that was the end of the search.

Di (for short)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings