Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Are You Related to Someone Famous?

Metropolisforever

Gloria Stuart's grandmother and my grandmother were sisters. I learned about it from a family history found, as a teenager, in my mother's scrapbook. Her screen name became Gloria STUART insead of her birth name of STEWART. She never knew about the relationship until I sent her a (costly) open letter published in "The Hollywood Reporter" trade publication in early November, 1998, I think, congratulating her on her nomination for Best Supporting Actress in TITANIC. Friends saw my letter, called her, and she called me. Exciting moments! She confirmed from the famiily names I included.that we were indeed cousins. We kept in touch by phone and I met her for dinner at her hotel in Portland, as her guest, while she was on a busy tour promoting her recently published memoir.

It was a wonderful, memorable evening! She had me sit next to her at dinner, and she was charm itself. A remarkable woman who started filming in the early 30s: THE OLD DARK HOUSE and THE INVISIBLE MAN are well-received examples.Tiring of mediocre scripts she took up painting

and had her one-woman show in a NYC gallery in 1960.. She became a highly gifted artistic printer and has published her memoir and, more recently, a costly artistically illlustrated, oversized book on Japanese kites (and butterflies, if memory serves). Her books have been on display at the Library of Congress. She was 97 last Fourth of July and still going strong. When I saw her, she was vital, witty, her blue eyes expressive, and her agile mind and spirit embracing life fully.Despite her busy schedule, she devoted flattering attention to asking me all about myself . We were amused by the fact that 10 years after she left Fox (as a well-known actress) to study painting (urged on by Humphrey Bogart), I was working at the same Fox studio, only as a secretary.to a director. It never occurred to me to try to contact her. Her periodic phone calls have lapsed and I'm concerned about her health and will try to reach her.again by phone.

She would have liked to receive the Oscar but did not belabor it. 'She had a ball making the film, always game for the next helicopter ride or whatever harrowing scene director James Cameron had planned. A lovely photograph she sent me smiles at me over the computer.

Madeleine2322

Gloria Stuart's grandmother and my grandmother were sisters. I learned about it from a family history found, as a teenager, in my mother's scrapbook. Her screen name became Gloria STUART insead of her birth name of STEWART. She never knew about the relationship until I sent her a (costly) open letter published in "The Hollywood Reporter" trade publication in early November, 1998, I think, congratulating her on her nomination for Best Supporting Actress in TITANIC. Friends saw my letter, called her, and she called me. Exciting moments! She confirmed from the famiily names I included.that we were indeed cousins. We kept in touch by phone and I met her for dinner at her hotel in Portland, as her guest, while she was on a busy tour promoting her recently published memoir.

It was a wonderful, memorable evening! She had me sit next to her at dinner, and she was charm itself. A remarkable woman who started filming in the early 30s: THE OLD DARK HOUSE and THE INVISIBLE MAN are well-received examples.Tiring of mediocre scripts she took up painting

and had her one-woman show in a NYC gallery in 1960.. She became a highly gifted artistic printer and has published her memoir and, more recently, a costly artistically illlustrated, oversized book on Japanese kites (and butterflies, if memory serves). Her books have been on display at the Library of Congress. She was 97 last Fourth of July and still going strong. When I saw her, she was vital, witty, her blue eyes expressive, and her agile mind and spirit embracing life fully.Despite her busy schedule, she devoted flattering attention to asking me all about myself . We were amused by the fact that 10 years after she left Fox (as a well-known actress) to study painting (urged on by Humphrey Bogart), I was working at the same Fox studio, only as a secretary.to a director. It never occurred to me to try to contact her. Her periodic phone calls have lapsed and I'm concerned about her health and will try to reach her.again by phone.

She would have liked to receive the Oscar but did not belabor it. 'She had a ball making the film, always game for the next helicopter ride or whatever harrowing scene director James Cameron had planned. A lovely photograph she sent me smiles at me over the computer.

Madeleine2322

my grandfather's cousin was Ina Claire and she was married to John Gilbert... not very direct but this is why I'm been such a huge fan of John Gilbert. I must have been 5 or 6 when my grandparents talked about the old-times stars and silent movies... so I've been aware of the old greats for a long long time (lol).... My grandfather had met Ina but not John....

James "Gene" Tunney was my Grand Dads (Tom Tunney) brother. Family rumour has it that my Grandpa was by far the more dominant personality in the family. He died in 1971 (I was 8). From what little I remember....tough disputing any man in life was more dominant than Grandpa Tom.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings