Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

has anyone seen Strange Lady in Town?!

butterscotchgreer

if anyone on here has seen Strange Lady in Town? it is the one and only western greer garson made......and with dana andrews too! he was such a cutie! it was supposedly a box-office success and was a good romance. the is now the only movie of hers i have yet to see, and would like to know if it is as good as they all make it out to be. of course i know it is b/c it is GREER! heehee! but that's beside the point right? ;) i reeeeeaaaaaaaallllyyyyy! wanna see this! ;)

1220320-20Strange20Lady20in20Town.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hey randy!!!

wow! you saw it back in '97? awesome!!

i dunno, i thought it was real cute and a little more than average, maybe not extraordinary, but still a pretty good romance. it was quite interesting to see greer play a doctor in a western; two things i had never seen her play before. i didnt think she could play a real convincing doctor at first, but when i actually saw the movie. i was surprised to find she had played a very good doctor, and i wish her and Dana made more movies together. i loved them pairing up! Lois Smith was a loverly addition to the supporting cast as well as cameron mithcell. i loved greer's persistence of never wanting to give up her passion and fighting for what she really wanted, not letting her own true love get in the way, although he did learn to replace women rather than put them under his thumb.

Message was edited by: butterscotchgreer

I'm glad that you finally saw it and enjoyed it so much. I knew you would. My favorite scene is when "something" happens to her brother and she runs over to him calling his name a few times. I thought Greer had a good dramatic moment there. Greer and Dana is an interesting team and likeable. On a side-note, wasn't June Allyson beautiful and cute as a button in The Opposite Sex?? June looked great in that red dress at the end with her new attitude.

yes that was a good drama scene for greer. next to that one i also love the cute scenes where they would fight, and then it was like the fight didnt happen. too funny! dana would offer her all these things and she couldnt understand why, b/c she thought he hated her competition as another doctor especially a woman doctor. they just had great chemistry with their looks at each other! i loved her hairstyles and dresses! did you like lois smith as "spurs"?

i dont know what junie allyson has to do with this story, but i love her in The Opposite Sex, so i dont think it matters. heehee! yes junie was beautiful especially in that red dress! i want one just like it, except i might make a few changes.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings