Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Slightly Scarlet & Force of Evil

dsclassic

Finally had a budget to buy a Noir "blind" and went with Slight Scarlet, & I enjoyed it..

I bought it since I have many of the directors movies Double Indemnity, Postman Always Rings Twice..I figured what the hell...

I have been thinking about Force of Evil....anyone see this movie ?

Thoughts on Slightly Scarlet ?

((today I finally had some money to get DVDs - I got the Controversial Classics set & with a trade I obtained The Third Man for 1.00 !!!)))

I agree that FORCE OF EVIL is a great noir; however, while perhaps not quite up to its standard, SLIGHTLY SCARLET is also wonderful.

I am hard pressed to think of a better film noir in color from the classic period. That, of course, is courtesy of John Alton, cinematographer extraordinaire. He certainly brings out the reds (scarlet), especially of the two gorgeous redheads, Rhonda Fleming and Arlene Dahl. John Payne is reliable and Ted de Corsia plays, as usual, one of the nastier tough guys. And I always feel as if I'm watching the entire history of Hollywood whenever I see an Allan Dwan movie from the '50's.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings