Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bring Back the One Reel Wonders song----

kimpunkrock

I have been watching some old tapes of TCM that I recorded years ago. Watching these tapes made me realize how much I miss the old intro for the One Reel Wonders. Now, the "new" intro is good too, it is just the old one gives me the feeling that I am watching these one reels in New York City during the 30's and 40's. Plus the song is just so catchy. Is it an original? All of those old intros use to give me the chills and really take me back. The new ones are cool too, but even TCM has some classic things that are important to the history of the channel. Watching some of them has been fun. Bring back retro-TCM intros!

I think they should mix the old intros in with the new ones sometimes. I recently purchased a dvd recorder and am transfering all my vhs to dvd. Many times TCM will reshow something I had on vhs so I'll just record it directly and toss the old tape but I always lament that I'm tossing away the old TCM with an old intro, the old unobtrusive TCM logo and some old short with the old One Reel Wonder intro.

Thankfully I've transferred enough of the old tapes to capture many of the old intros. I always liked the "Sunny Side of Life" one. I tranferred a copy of "Destry Rides Again" the other day and it had a wacky western themed intro that I had forgotton all about. I think it was from when they showed Westerns all the time in the afternoon. I'm also trying to save all those Cartoon Alley shows.

So how about it TCM? Mix in some of those old intros for the sake of variety if nothing else.

Yeh I totally know what wacky western intro you are talking about. It was for Lone Star Cinema and it had an animated cowboy being silly or something. Many of my tapes of old TCM got ruined when I moved across country. They must have gotten next to a magnet or something. There was a whole, huge box of tapes that was pretty much destroyed. This was before i knew about media mail, so I even paid a lot to have the taped ruined by UPS. Luckily many, many of those films have now been or are being released on DVD, but the old TCM intros are irreplaceable. TCM should release the old intros as a special feature on one of their amazing DVD box set releases. It is cool that you, molo14, don't post much but are a die hard TCM fan. Just goes to show that there are many great TCM fans that don't post on message boards.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings