Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ziggyelman

How many movies do you watch in a Day/week/Month????

My Dad and I watched 3, count 'em 3 movies yesterday!!! Not a typical night to say the least. But, usually see 5-6 movies a week. I usually get brain fog if I watch movies back to back to back, no matter how good they are. If I do watch several in a day, I need a break between them.

But, everyone is different, as we all know. Asked a question like this on a jazz board years ago(How many hours a day do you listen to jazz?) and I said 1-2 hours, mainly driving to and fro was plenty, but other people gladly listened to music almost every waking hour, and never tired of it!!!

So...how many do you watch????

I usually watch movies at night, when my siblings are asleep.

I usually watch 1 or 2 movies a week.

I usually watch several short films a week.

Yesterday, I watched one movie: Tetsuo: The Iron Man (1989).

Since I discovered TCM last April I've wached at least 8 - 10 a week. I need to catch up on all these amazing movies I either saw long ago with my mother or just heard about.

I also watch at least part of an Errol Flynn movie every day.

I watch about 12 to 14 movies each week. Many are from TCM, but I also have a HUGH collection of DVD's and VHS. When I rent movies, I rent 3 or 4 at a time and watch them all in one night.

Between 5-10 a week. I just got into movies last summer when I moved to an area that got TCM. I quickly plowed through the AFI 100 list (with the help of my library), as well as many of the greatest films lists, foreign and domestic. I felt like I needed some catching up.

Message was edited by: RobinSena

Zig, I'm often amazed by how many 'never before seen gems' I run across on TCM, week after week, sometimes 4 or 5 a day, sometimes 'only' 2 or 3 a week.

Let's see my partner & I see at least 2-3 films per weekend in theater, Rent about 2 films every week & we own over 1000 DVD's between My partner and I. I also do the Phoenix and Denver Film Fest every year!

When it's our day off, we have TCM playing at least 12 hrs out of a 24 hr day!

Ive got Netflix - 4 movies a week

plus if I have time to watch something on my own

The time of the movie also affects how many I get to see..I tend to watch longer movies on the weekend & weeknights under 90 minutes..I tend to fall asleep weeknights so need to have energy to watch things - caffeine or an energy drink

My movie project is to watch a lot of classics that I hadnt ever heard of ..its a great hobby for me and probably a lot of members here too..

I spread my viewing habits from horror/scifi/fantasy to now include Noir/Mystery/Classic..Im really into trying most anything...I decided to watch the remaining Hitchcock movies I havent seen, check out Robert Mitchum, Barbara Stanwyck, Bette Davis, Joan Crawford box set titles, to see if I want any of those movies....and there are some Alpha titles, that if I like them I can do the 5 for 25.00 deal...

I have viewed Orson Wells' movies, Controversial Classics, Noir Volumes, all for the sake of seeing things for the first time that I am curious about...between these classics there are lots of newer movies I have to see like the Mist, D-wars (this will be a waste of time I bet)

I am not into War movies so at least I know what not to rent

Not every film I will see is going to be a winner, but I would like to see as many as I want...this will be a year long project...

I have Blockbuster On-line which I like better than Netflix. With Blockbuster on-line you don't have to send you movies back and wiat to get more, after you watched the films you get in the mail just return them to a Blockbuster Store, & you can exhange it for another free film!

In addition Blockbuster also sends coupons Via Email for free rentals too!

Also I try to rent from Mom/Pop Video stores since they carry alot of hard to find films!

I tend to watch 10-20 movies a week, to begin with I watch most them on TCM, I also like to watch alot of movies that come on other movie channels, you have to also factor in the movies from my DVD collection, and then the other movies I watch are those that are playing at movie theaters near by, it depends upon what has come out, I mean some months, I tend to see about 8 different movies, but other months there seems to be a lot of junk out, and I'll see about 2 different movies.

Message was edited by: Nicki82