Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A silent film, TCM was "SUPPOSED" to air.

krazykatclassics

I often wondered on what ever became of a silent film that was originally supposed to air on on Turner Classic Movies, nine year's ago?The film I mention, is the very last silent feature ever made and the title is "SEVEN FOOTPRINTS TO SATAN"(1929), which stars the lovely and talented Thelma Todd.The film was released by First National Pictures and contained the Vitaphone sound on disc soundtrack and was once believed to be lost.

Back in the mid 90s, a complete print was found over in a Europe film archive and was fully restored and TCM was going to air the film during it's annual Halloween festivals.This did make big news within the classic movie magazines, including the newspaper Classic Images, which ran a full story about the airing of this silent film feature.

But sadly, this film has never aired yet on TCM but I would love to know if this feature will ever see the light of day on TCM?

Originally SEVEN FOOTPRINTS TO SATAN was released with talking sequences, sound effects and music, and is presently the only one of the three films to have survived intact, a print of which is housed in New York's Museum of Modern Art, but the film's Vitaphone soundtrack discs still remain lost. From here:www.missinglinkclassichorror.co.uk/s.htm

vallo

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings